Titans in on Julio OR Elijah?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Wow—that is significant. And at age 32. Perhaps a good comparison.

2. TitanMark

TitanMark Pro Bowler

No one is deep like that. You want what no team has. Injuries happen. What’s happens if T Hill goes down? Mahomes? Rodgers? Brady? It’s what it is. But the Titans had a horrible defense with NO ONE and NO DEPTH last year and still won 11 games and beat very good teams doing it. They weren’t playing a last place schedule either.

If you can get Julio Jones you do it. Every day and twice on Sunday.

When I spoke of JJ in my earlier post I was talking about Julio Jones, btw.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Yeah I agree. Jones is a needle mover, if he's available for a reasonable deal you have to snag him.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

That's depressing lol

5. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Yeah, hope we don't get Moss'd.

• LOL LOL x 1
  6. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I’m ok with getting Moss’d like the patriots did.

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Julio's contract pays him a $15 mil base this coming season so he does need to play well to be worth that. His base the next two years is only $11.5. That is what Smith and Davis are getting paid with their new contracts and reasonable.

The Falcons did not have a quality running game like we do with Henry. Thus, play action with Julio and Brown will be devastating. I watched jones some last year and he looks like the same player he has been. Sure he might get dinged more often at his age but that is a chance you take. Brown could pull a hammy as well and with Jones we can still have a viable offense. Get lucky enough to have both of them healthy for the playoffs and a SB win is a distinct possibility.

Interesting that people think having an extra CB or edge guy sitting on the bench is going to get it done. Well, with last years crap defense we still win more games with Julio on offense. And no way in hades we are going to be able to pay for a quality CB or edge guy without paying them about what jones is making as well as giving up a quality draft pick. Few teams have an extra CB or pass rusher they want to part with.

8. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Julio is a much more complete player than Moss was. Moss was one dimensional but also the greatest deep threat receiver we've ever seen, once that started to fall off, he wasn't nearly the player he once was. Moss also was known to be disinterested, so taking that into consideration, I don't think Julio is going to have the same drop off.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Good point on the disinterested part. Especially when he left a historically dominant team that he was putting up absurd numbers on seemingly effortlessly

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Part of that was declining skills. But part of that was also due to motivation (or lack their of) combined with playing for poor teams.

Let's remember that Moss got run out multiple franchises for attitude problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar