Titans in on Julio OR Elijah?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

If he is the Julio from 2+ seasons back... that could be the piece that gives us a legitimate chance of winning a SB. I am just so afraid that he is not going to be Julio2+. I think it is worth the risk. I don't want to give up a 1st rounder though. If they can do something that doesnt take our 1st rounder, I am all for it.

2. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I would agree. I would also want to be able to cut him with little to no cap hit in the next year or two. If we make room for him this year, great. I don’t want to be in the hook for multiple years after that capwise

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

If you can't stop a team on 3rd and a mile it doesn't matter how many studs on offense you have.
    I didn't say trade a pick for a TE. I absolutely would have traded for Watt. Yes we are thin. Look at the depth chart someone posted a few pages before this, or on the defense thread. If Dupree doesn't play well or is still hurt, we have no depth at edge and we're back like last year. If autry or simmons gets hurt? Julio isn't going to win us a superbowl. A deeper defense will.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

@nbtoppers2 no need to worry my man we’ve got Naquan Jones!

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

I mean a 2nd rounder..... eeeeesh, I could get down with that.

6. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Yep an udfa hero again! It happens every year on here. Every damn year.

7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Right. Adding him for that and reworking some deals to give us space for depth with no players lost? Sign me up.

8. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Most teams don't have the luxury of being three deep with talent at any position. We brought in Autry and Dupree to start and we used a 4th round pick on an edge guy to be a backup. We also drafted Murchison last year. We need those mid round picks to, at minimum, be serviceable. Right now on paper we have a dominating front four, a quality set of LBs and a bunch of draft capital and a FA in the secondary. Our biggest hole is at WR and maybe TE.

People get all bent out of shape about losing a DL guy or edge but what if we lose AJ Brown?

Watt was released so not sure why we would trade for him. We signed Autry for around half of what Watt cost. If you are actually saying we should have signed both of them I want some of what you are smoking. Watt is 32, Autry is 30, Watt had 5.0 sacks last year Autry had 7.5.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. Carp

Carp Starter

This team as is, has roughly 2 years left to make something happen, imo. Henry is getting to that age where RBs start to break down. Especially given the history 2k yard RBs. We have to go for it while our main weapons are still in their prime.

And with the extra game, we have to find a way to lighten Henry's load, while still keeping defenses honest. This move allows this offense to evolve from simply being highly efficient to downright deadly.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Carp

Carp Starter

Julio last year was still elite. He just got hurt. Was pacing for 1300 yards on 91 receptions over a full 16 game season.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar