Titans in on Julio OR Elijah?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by dtm586, Apr 27, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Well, “probably” doesn’t necessarily mean “will”. He missed 7 games last year so seems like our kind of guy.

2. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Julio Jones said "I'm outta there" when asked if he wants to be traded.
    Jones answered a question from Shannon Sharpe about whether he'd like to land in Dallas this season. It's not clear if Jones knew he was on live TV. Jones, 32, didn't name a preferred trade destination but reiterated he wants to win. It's the strongest indication yet that the Falcons great won't be on the team's Week 1 roster. New Falcons general manager Terry Fontenot has made no effort to shoot down chatter about a potential Jones trade. Meanwhile, Jones reportedly wants to play with Cam Newton in New England, though the Patriots are not among the nine teams with enough salary cap space to absorb Julio's guaranteed $15.3 million 2021 salary without moving money around. A blockbuster Julio trade in the coming weeks would send Calvin Ridley's and Kyle Pitts' average draft positions into orbit.

It makes me nauseous how they go to great pains to make sure they only ever mention the Pats.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Thanos22

Thanos22 Rookie

We need to get him asap!!! That puts us in superbowl contention. Aj, julio, and henry. That will put the nfl on notice. He's worth a 1st round too for us since that 1st round will likely be 25 and higher!!

4. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Read that article. When a guys says he’s “outta there” it is usually true.

5. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

NE loses Brady, miss the playoffs, have a decent offseason and the nutswingers are back out in full force
    Why Julio wants to play there with Newton is beyond me

What there saying about us as a landing spot...

Titans

There is an obvious connection between these organizations now, with former Titans offensive coordinator Arthur Smith now head coach of the Falcons. He knows that Tennessee roster inside out and there may be some young, cheap players he covets who aren't exactly frontline guys for the Falcons right now. And the Titans lost a top tight end and their No. 2 receiver in an offseason that saw quite a few defections at multiple positions, frankly. Those players left by and large because the Titans didn't want to pay what the market would, so grabbing a $15M receiver at this stage of the game would surprise me. I'm not sure that is where they are as an organization right now, knowing AJ Brown is going to be making top five WR money soon enough. It's worth noting that Spotrac has them last in the NFL in receiver payroll for 2021, but seems to me that is kind of by design knowing Brown is going to be ready for a mega deal come January. They have close to $200M already committed to payroll and that might be what they are comfortable with.

#115 Ontario Titan, May 24, 2021
    Last edited: May 24, 2021
  6. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Maybe Atlanta plans to move Pitts to WR?

7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I think they should move Pitts to Tennessee.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Pitts and Julio for Rashaan Evans, Dane Cruikshank and T-Rac.

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Done! I’ll even throw in some Prince’s Hot Chicken.

10. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

We would probably draft o-line with pick anyway, Get Julio to restructure and falcons pay half the salary, then trade them a one! We just do not need the colts to get him, period!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar