Titans hosting G Louis Vasquez

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rekirts

rekirts Starter

I'm very surprised. Thought we would go cheap on the LG position.

2. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

Bring em on. The more the better.

3. Kaeotik

Kaeotik Pro Bowler

I agree. I think many Titans fans are going to end up feeling ridiculous about their reaction to Mularkey's hiring. I'm sure they'd be happy to feel that way though. I wanted Mcdaniels myself, but never felt as though the team had no chance of winning with Mularkey. I am optimistic for the team's future.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

I still don't like the hire, but I'm ready to sit down to some crow if he does well. No problem.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

FWIW, Kubiak runs a zone blocking scheme. Or at least he did in Houston so I can only imagine it was the same in Denver.

6. Two Kings

Two Kings NJ Titan

Right that's what I thought. I know the running game suffered a bit with Denver last year. It sounds like we are doing more man to man stuff so I'm assuming we aren't doing zone blocking.

7. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

It was the same as in Denver. Kubiak makes his OL do a lot of side-to-side movement. Athletic type OL which Vasquez is not, and which is why he struggled in 2015. Vasquez is an old school style RG which Mularkey would love. He'd thrive here.

8. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Whatever it is I hope they get it figured out. I'm so tired of seeing a piss poor line. It ruins every aspect of the offense.

I would assume we would be more man on man but I haven't looked into Russ Grimm's history enough to know.

9. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Which is why I'm worried about Ben Jones as our center.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

fair..but I'll trust J Rob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar