Breaking News Titans Hiring Dennard Wilson as DC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 31, 2024.

1. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

You make some good points and the inexperience across the board is risky.

I'd like to think 2 main reasons he came here. 1) The defense is his complete control. He definitely wasn't going to get that in Seattle and maybe not Baltimore.
    2) Wilson and Carthon have a really strong relationship. This was probably in the works before we landed our HC

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Young54

Young54 Starter

Hmm.. It doesn't necessarily make it a Ran hire. It could just be a Ran intro.

I mentioned in another thread, when the Titans announced their new structure, it said Ran "had control of the coaching staff". I was hoping that would mean that he oversaw them and they reported to him, but I want my head coach to be the decision maker on who to hire. I'll be optimistic and hope it was a collaborative effort with Callahan's full commitment and approval.

DC said he wanted a DC who he knows is hard to scheme against, someone please go analyze and summarize have the Bengals have done against the Raven's pass D.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Young54

Young54 Starter

I would imagine he'd have full control in Baltimore, plus the added bonus of knowing the team, his relationship with the HC, and already commanding respect with his track record. This feels more like the Harbaugh was willing to let him walk. Oh and also not having to move.

I hope you're right though.

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

I really like this hire!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

7. Bucky0782

Bucky0782 Starter

I would say we have one now.

8. Young54

Young54 Starter

Pops Callahan? I meant on defense.

9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

"that job is sour anyhow" - Vrabel

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar