Breaking News Titans Hiring Dennard Wilson as DC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by VondyP, Jan 31, 2024.

1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I’m good with it, unless the Defense sucks, then I’m not good with this hiring.

• High Five x 3
    • LOL x 2
    • Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target x 2
    • Winner x 1
  2. Titans23

Titans23 Starter

Grear hire and my top pick!!

On a side note, it sucks we lost DL coach Willams today to the Lions. Not sure if this was the cause of this hire or not but would of liked to keep him on the staff.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah... not like if it dont work out the Titans reign of excellence comes to an end... there is zero downside in taking this caculated risk

like my opinion dude

LOL

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

I guess BC grabbed his leg the same way Amy did his.

• LOL LOL x 2
  5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Also I got to throw it in here. Very impressive hire. Moreso because we were notably competing against several other teams. Very impressed with BC, Ran, and Amy they got it done. I am sure it was not as simple as throwing out whatever your run of the mill offer is for the position, but a combination of a proper offer, a relationship, and a vision Dennard believes in.

collaborative indeed.

6. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Agreed. I know the Ravens have Anthony Weaver as well but I thought he was for sure staying with the Rat Birds.

7. Young54

Young54 Starter

Daaaam. That sucks! Hadn't heard of it. Wow to the Lion.

8. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

He's now the Lions DL coach/Run game coordinator

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

I guess I like it, but I do have some concerns. Clearly his track record with DBs has been great. He's also young, exciting, and creating a buzz. Maybe we strike gold.

That said, with Mike Macdonald leaving, did the Ravens not try to keep Wilson? If not, why not? Did MacDonald not want to bring Wilson with him to Seattle? Again, why not? Supposedly he was a hot commodity, but maybe all that media buzz is the same as media's love towards Vrabel.

Or, I guess there's a chance he had an offer from the Ravens, an offer from Seattle, possible offers from other teams, and chose the Titans because of Ran? Because of Callahan? If that's the case, then he's bought in to what we're building. That's exciting. We'll see.

I wouldn't hate to bring on another senior analyst to the team.

• Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar