Titans hire Texans PAT O'HARA - QB Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Arrow, Jan 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman

Wingman Starter

I love this hire for a couple reasons. First off he took a less physically gifted qb in Watson and had him lighting it up. Yes I know he wasn't calling plays but Watson stated numerous times he was a key to his early success.

Maybe even better, Watson is going to have to adjust to new coach while coming off injury.

Great hire. Now lock down defillipo after SB and it's been a great yr.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Which is another way of saying the Titans positions are as attractive as we may have thought. Which is ok but some folks around hate to hear it said that way- they fly off the handle with the “troll” and “BS” ratings. As if those make it less true.

As JRob said- Change is risky and nothing is sure. Vrabel is a rookie HC with little experience. But having Mularkey and his lame scheme move on was the right move. Hopefully we get really strong OC and DC. I understand Dean Pees name now being tossed around We’ll see what happens.

3. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

The Rock knows a good QB coach when he sees one.

• LOL LOL x 1
  4. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Its been pointed out in other threads, but O'Hara was an offensive assistant with the Texans.

Id say O'Brien as HC and Sean Ryan as QB coach can lay more claim to Watsons success than O'Hara. Its been well documented how O'Brien tailored and altered the offensive scheme to suit Watson.

Watson will still have the same HC and QB coach in place...

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

What I hope he can do his right some if not all of Marcus's less than stellar mechanics. If he can do this, it's a win.

6. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Less physically gifted? Lol

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. Wingman

Wingman Starter

These claims arent opinion they are measured with ruler, radar gone, stopwatch and scantron sheet

Mm8- 6'4"
    Watson- 6'2

Mm8- 4.48 40
    Watson- 4.66

Mariota- 56 mph velocity combine
    Watson - 49

2017 NFL Scouting Combine - QB Velocity

Mariota-33 wonderlic
    Watson- 20

Mariota also dominated the vertical and shuttles

Point is, if he could have that kind of success with Watson, just imagine with a player of mariota skill set

#77 Wingman, Jan 27, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
    • High Five High Five x 1
  8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

After reading these threads I have come to a final conclusion: we could literally have a turd wearing a headset as HC if we pick up a good OC and DC to replace the respective systems of Biscuits and Crypt Keeper Lebeau. I can share that sentiment. Vrabel is about the 4th most important part to this staff rebuild.

9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

Lol Pat O’Hara was an assistant Qb Coach and .You’re probably thinking of Sean Ryan the actual Qb coach and there’s plenty articles talking about the connection Sean and Deshaun have.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

I see the Vrabel expectations have completely fallen off now, and it's taken all of 7 days LMAO.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar