Breaking News Titans hire Ran Carthon as new GM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Absolute cannon of an arm, good mobility and was really good at not turning the ball over in college (1INT across 19 games). Now on the flip side he played at North Dakota State so his competition wasn't elite, and he hasn't looked like a world beater when he's touched the field in the NFL (55% completion, 5 TD, 2 INT) although his two starts in 21 were spot starts for a hurt Jimmy G and his 1 full start in 22 was during a monsoon. Sky High ceiling rock bottom floor kind of guy. I'm a big fan but reservations are definitely need.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

His ceiling is Allen. His floor is Willis. I think he's going to end up closer to his ceiling.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I’ll pass.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Fair. I still think if the price he right we should take a swing at him. Especially given Ran has more knowledge on him than 99% of the league.

5. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Good we need somebody too. Please report to the field at 7am.

• LOL LOL x 5
  6. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Ok then. You expected wrong.

7. DoubleBlue

DoubleBlue Highly Respected Poster

If someone wants to make a "should we go after trey lance thread", looks like we need it. I dont know how i feel about us going after Trey Lance honestly. They probably will want a decent hull for him and I'd rather not do that. We've all just barely seen him play, heard about the kid like 3 ish years ago and most of us have only seen him play 2 games for the 9ers since his college games weren't really on tv. If it was like for a 3rd this year and 4th next year, sure im all for it.

8. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Personally, I'm against it, unless we can get him cheap (like 3rd round pick or less cheap). The last player we drafted from his college was Radunz and we know how well he transitioned to the league.

I would MUCH rather put all our chips in on the 2024 QB draft class. That class is stacked. If we could somehow swing a trade and land an additional 1st round pick next year to use as trade bait, I'd love to end up with someone like Caleb Williams and be set at QB, HC, and GM for the next 10+ years.

#88 2ToneBlueBlood, Jan 18, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2023
    • Cheers Cheers x 2
  9. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Isn't that also where Wentz came from?

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  10. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

Good call. Yes it was. All 3 went to North Dakota State. Not the greatest track record of their players panning out in the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar