Breaking News Titans hire Ran Carthon as new GM

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

It is the GMs job to get players that fit the team. Generally, the teams "identity" is that of the HC. So it makes perfect sense that Ran said he was there to get pieces that Vrabs wants/needs. But it doesn't mean Vrabs has complete control either.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Exactly. That’s one reason we have had mis-fires over the years by picking certain “system” players that are not a good fit with ours.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  3. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Obviously he wasn't in charge when Burks was traded for The Diva... He seemed pretty real pissed.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Since we haven’t heard from JRob since before his firing, I have to believe what Vrabel said regarding a lack of consideration towards what he thought of the move to be the truth.
    I get attempting to fix the cap situation, but there still has to be a teamwork environment between the 2 positions.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  5. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Despite the lack of reality involved in that movie, I liked it.
    And the lack of reality isn’t just the trades Costner makes, it’s the absolute tooling he does to Leary.
    I don’t recall Leary really explaining what kind of team (off or def) that would tell Costner what players he needs either. Maybe I need to rewatch for details though.

7. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

The more interviews I watch, the more I realize Vrabel has complete control of the roster. Ran was not hired to be a true GM, just an assistant to Vrabel.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

20230301_124911.jpg
    We're never going to win anything.

• LOL LOL x 2
  9. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Believe the Warriors are defending champs. Chiefs also play that style and they are the team to beat in the NFL. Our entire franchise is outdated and delusional.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Titanic_Sub

Titanic_Sub Pro Bowler

Dude it's insane. Like unfathomable how that comes out of his mouth

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar