Titans hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Welp, it’s out of our control brother...Just sit back and let it play out and enjoy the ride...If nothing else, we won’t be as predictable, and maybe we will see some fun on Offense, and player development!

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

When your new Head Coach with such a "vision to the future" can't even assemble a staff in his first 4 days on the job it's a problem. How do you interview for head coaching positions, get the job and literally have zero guys already attached to you? How do you not already have verbal confirmations from "your guys" that are ready for the new gig?

Amateur hour

• WTF?! WTF?! x 1
    • Unreadable Unreadable x 1
  3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Would you like them to go out and hire the first person they see on the sidewalk?

Not every person they talk to is going to be interested in the job...that's common sense.

Vrabel said he's going to take his time and interview as many people as possible...he doesn't just want to hire his buddies, he wants to find people who are right for the job(s).

Sounds good to me!

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
  4. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Sounds like a guy who didn't know who he actually wanted

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Boring Boring x 1
  5. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

04844A3F-47D3-4D9C-B237-86CAAE4742DC.png

Attached Files:

6. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

It's possible that he's doing some collaborative selections for interviews with JRob. During his introduction interview he said that they weren't going to rush it, and would "sleep on it" before making decisions.

As long as he has his staff by April I don't see how it would be a detriment. I'd rather have him do it right than do it fast.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  7. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

I agree. I think both Vrabel and as jwill likes to call Robinson “JGod” have a huge hand on the coordinators, I honestly think his helping him sort this out, dunno if its a bad idea or not.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Well, it's nothing I can influence in any way, so I choose to just wait for the product on the field.

If nothing else, at least it won't be Fisherball 3.0

9. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

Why does he have to know exactly who he wanted to hire? That's the point of doing interviews and researching coaches etc. I'm sure there is a lot more going on behind the scenes than we know... Let's just wait and see what the team looks like once everything is in place instead of going crazy over who isn't hired day 1.

Using the buddy system and knowing who to hire day 1 is how Mularkeys staff was built...

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

"I haven't thought much about it. I love it here. Wouldn't want to be anywhere else," Reich said Tuesday. "My staff is interested in one thing only. I have no time (for that)."

The actual quote. Way to cherry pick though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar