Titans hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I agree. If the offense is so good that he gets a HC job, then his offense remains in tact.

2. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

If he would take it, I’d almost bring in Day as quarterback coach and see if you couldn’t lease La Fleur or Diflip for one year. And then let him take over.

3. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I get your point... My point is no team has that unless their OC doesn't want to move on or unless the HC calls the plays etc.

And, right now the trend in the NFL is hiring young coordinators as head coaches, so it's going to get even harder to keep good coordinators around.

Sure it would be great to have great coaches and players that stick around for ever but that's mostly not how the NFL works. There are exceptions but it's not the norm.

4. Whitters21

Whitters21 Starter

Our division is going to be savage next year. And we play the NFC East too. Vrabel and his incoming staff have their work cut out.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Bonky

Bonky Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

That's the unvarnished truth.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. Occy

Occy Starter

No good coordinator is going to move sideways.

The only option is really to get a good coach and move them up. Same going for the HC hire, only option is hiring a good coordinator and giving him a step up, which I think we have done.

I am fine with giving quality staff from elsewhere and giving them an opportunity to prove themselves.

The key is giving them time to download. And having faith in J Rob to make the choice. He has been pretty good with players, so trust the same judgement in relation to staffing.

7. Occy

Occy Starter

One more comment on this hire.

Everything I read about MV is that he is a competitor, and has lots of energy and owns the locker room.

Everything I saw out of Mularkey and his staff reminded me of an old sleepy town in the outback.

I guess that illustrates why I think this will be a good hire.

I am a massive soccer fan. Big Liverpool supporter. Take a look at the energy of Jurgen Klopp on the sideline. I know we are getting that much energy. But when players see life on the sideline, they respond. When they see uncertainty, they themselves question. This is another reason this is a good hire.

• High Five High Five x 2
  8. DaCost

DaCost Starter

I don't really like this hire at all.

His a player coach but so was malarkey that wasn't an issue for us.

Players development
    And legit defensive or offensive schemes

That's what we need it and I don't think we got it ...Who has he developed?? What type of defensive does he run??

No enough experience to judge that the dude is way too raw.

9. Occy

Occy Starter

Who is your highly experienced and successful alternative that is likely to accept the titans job?

Legit question as I have no idea who would

10. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar