Titans hire Mike Vrabel as Head Coach

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Jan 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Occy

Occy Starter

Being a good bloke doesn’t win games. Mularkey was a good bloke to our players and well liked. That doesn’t win games or produce good football.

Being a tyrant on the other hand can produce bad play.

As long as we hire a leader that isn’t a tyrant, I am sure we improve on the football side. Because whilst Mularkey was a good bloke, he was a **** football tactician.

Our personnel is very good as well. Yes there are a few holes. But on the whole we have a good young team. And some good coaching with game day prowess, we improve. It may take a season to embed. But it will happen.

Last thing I want to see is people up in arms after the first season. Our roster is young. Let’s build.

• High Five High Five x 2
  2. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

A "defensive minded" HC should have pretty good knowledge how offenses work, no?

I think I like the HC being the HC and having a coordinator who runs the offense and defense. Of course the HC is always going to have input...but I wouldnt assume just because a coaches background is in defense that they don't know offense and vise versa.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

4. sirjesse

sirjesse Starter

Yeah but will he be Kahuna Grande huge?

5. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

You’re missing the point haha. Its about having the same offensive system every year. Like Brees, Brady, and Rodgers.

6. iQon

iQon Starter

Looking forward to a new start.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

I think you hire the qb coach to work and learn under the OC in case the coordinator does bolt the transition will be seamless. And when he bolts you bring up again the next qb coach.

8. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Look for Vrabel and his OC to work similarly to Sean McVay & Wade Phillips.

Vrabel will give his OC full reign of the offense and it's absolutely the right thing to do.

This is going to work out for us.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Anyone who wishes for a coordinator who will never get a HC job is secretly wishing for a crap coordinator.

Keep Terry Robiskie if that's what u want.

Can't have your cake and eat it too.

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. SuperMariota

SuperMariota Starter

Shouldn’t be a concern as long as you always have that next in line learning from the coordinator. Should be seamless.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar