Titans Hire Mike Mularkey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by 520, Jan 16, 2016.

?
  1. Horrible hire

74.4%
  2. Neither pleased or displeased

12.2%
  3. Safe hire

10.9%
  4. Great hire

2.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

There is a catastrophic exodus occurring among THE most loyal fans remaining. AAS chit the bed SO bad trusting Underwood to sell the sham president and HC searches.

The PR play now s shifting toward pity. My response to the Titans is "you've had 12 years of no playoff win chances". They'd do well to STFU and cut the :bs:.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

34-28 W
    27-10 L
    19-13 L
    24-21 L
    42-39 W
    30-8 L
    33-16 L
    34-6 L
    30-24 L

Four out of nine games ended up being double-digit losses. Two losses by street free agent QBs. But hey....
    [​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Fry

And it's not like the FO is showing a dramatic amount of confidence in the hire either. They gave him a 3-year deal. Mularkey is either going to get an extension after year 2 or fired. No coach goes into the last year of his contract without an extension because it's impossible to hire good assistants: see Mike Munchak.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Not disagreeing just pointing out Pagano had a 1-year deal and did pretty good for himself last month getting a new deal..

5. Fry

Yeah, he also accepted that he was going to get fired until Grigson, Irsay, and he hammered out their issues.

11 months of that nonsense would have been avoided had they just gotten the deal done before the season started.

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Are you talking season ticket buyers or people flat jumping to another team?
    I don't think there was a coaching hire out there to save PSI sales.. Not this year anyway.

7. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Agree with Cruds....what choice do we have? It is a done deal....

I just want all of these guys to STFU and show me something. Time for talk is well past done....time to put up. That goes for AAS and the ownership group as well.

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

No I'm talking about people eating the loss of their PSL cost. And believe me, it was the sham of the searches that pissed off season ticket holders. I know a lot of people who were on the fence that would stay if McDaniels and/or Shula had at least been interviewed. AAS lost a LOT of credibility by stating she'd do "everything in her power" to improve the team but then sham hired a new president and head coach.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I'm not a supporter of bringing back Mularkey by any means but if McDaniels/Shula is your line in the sand then that line really is arbitrary..
    The argument for keeping a framed, existing staff with a few known quantities (Lebeau) intact is unfortunately as viable as going after another failed HC candidate. This feels a whole lot like the Marvin Lewis/Mike Brown saga of a decade past. Everyone wanted heads on spikes. But Brown turned out to be right..

10. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

It really is about saying that there was going to be wide-spread search with 150 preliminary candidates and they end up interviewing a handful of guys.

Mularkey was the hire from the start. The only reason Underwood didn't make it official on Black Monday was the Rooney Rule. Same for Underwood's job. There was never any search despite what he said would happen months ago.

The Titans front office has bold face lied to the PSL owners TWICE in just this past year. I think PSL owners are not going to buy into any of the bs being spewed forth from this ownership any time soon.

I put mine and my father's PSLs up on Craigslist for the original price I paid in 1997 (or whenever it was due). Not a nibble. Not even a lowball offer.

The Titans will sell you the PSL behind me for almost double what it originally cost. No one is buying those either. They will be part of package for those who want to buy four or six home games next season or selling them to opposing fans as they've done the last few seasons.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar