Titans Hire Chris Palmer as OC

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Architect, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Interesting little tid bit I found on: http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-1/Titans-Name-Chris-Palmer-Offensive-Coordinator/ea2a68e8-5485-4081-a216-cda1c549b4ec

“Chris has a wealth of experience as a coordinator and a coach. He is a great teacher of the game and has been around a variety of good coaches and winning football programs. He has helped develop many quarterbacks and understands what that process is like, as he raised their games to a high level over time.”
    -Mike Munchak

Looks like we're drafting a QB early!

2. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Totally disagree on Couch and Carr. I think coaching played a big role in the failure of both.

It's a subjective thing, so there's really no point in arguing it. If you think they would have busted either way, that's fine. Who really knows?

3. That Guy

That Guy Rookie

I wonder if this means QB in round 1?

4. CURRAN-12

CURRAN-12 The New Titan

Just for hindsight or do you want to complain if there was a guy whos name you might have been more familiar with?

I think Munhcak has this ship under the right direction.. whatever decisions he makes are fine by me at this point.. did I want or expect Palmer and Gray as the coaches? No.. am I happy after reviewing their resumes? Hell yes..

A New era in Titan football has come, and I think that this team is going to really live up to that old school smash mouth team they have been pretending to be the last few years.. lots of bark.. not quite enough bite

Trust me when I say Munchaks emphasis is on the Offensive and Defensive lines.. that is where the game is ultimately won.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I would say theres a good chance we do. NEW HC & OC...imo means new QB.

6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Surely you think VY was Fisher's fault then.. There is a better argument for that than for Carr and Couch. Conversely, was Jim Mora the genius that made Manning (p.b.u.h.) what he is today?

Palmer did do a good job making Eli look like an elite player, when God knows that he isn't.

A QB is going to be what he's going to be. Those guys should have lit it up once they got out from under Palmers' career death-grip, then.

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I'm just interested. We know about Callahan and Tice as potential candidates, I just want to see what direction Munchak wanted to go.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Chris has a wealth of experience as a 'losing' coach.

My initial thoughts are WTF? Did Munchak just apply lipstick on a pig?:suspect::ha:

9. ScotTitan

ScotTitan Starter

Who???????????

Seriously though, he has plenty of experience and I'm on the munch bandwagon, so whoever he wants is fine by me.

I'

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Who knows what kind of role he is going to have. He may be purely installing the offensive playbook. He could be more of a hands-off playcaller. Who knows exactly what his role will be, and how hands-on Munchak will be with the offense. I trust his judgment so far. No reason not to yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar