Titans Head Coach Interviews thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by A.D., Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kenny

kenny Starter

For those interested in Gase it appears the Eagles want him,,,,,Reportedly bringing him back for a 2nd interview. Course Rapoport is the source so take it with a grain of salt.

"The Eagles interviewed Adam Gase and Ben McAdoo and will interview interim coach Pat Shurmur for the head coaching vacancy. Teryl Austin likely will be interviewed later in the week, Rapoport added. Gase impressed the Eagles in his first interview and will interview again this weekend, Rapoport added."

Per Rapoport, the Eagles are interested in Bengals defensive coordinator Paul Guenther.

Course the same guy goes on to say that the Eagles also want to interview Bengals DC Guenther.

2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

And just three days ago I read that Doug Pederson was the leading candidate.

I'm not believing anything until there is a press conference.

3. TennesseeTom

TennesseeTom Starter

I honestly thought Gase would be off the board by now. And he very well may be by the end of the weekend if this is true.

4. kenny

kenny Starter

Titans can't afford to drag on coach, GM plans

This is a beat writer for the Titans. I have seen multiple reports that the Titans have asked for permission to speak with different HC Candidates posted on twitter from different people. In this article the writer says that the Titans have not made any moves or requests as far as HC goes.

I think that getting a GM 1st is the right way to conduct the search. He should be involved in helping pick the next HC. Like Underwood said the next GM will be evaluated by his team's win/loss record. Underwood said that is what ultimately got Webster fired. Underwood said that the GM did not need to be picked 1st. I think he may have misunderstood the situation. I do not see how you are going to say that you will evaluate the GM on team record, but not let the GM be involved in the search. It makes no sense. I believe they have changed their way of thinking on that one. I hope so anyway. I do not believe any of the top GM candidates will support Mularkey as HC.

Maybe they are being methodical, thoroughly researching each candidate for GM, or just looking for that one guy who will accept Mularkey. Who knows. I hope the later is not the case.

Anyway it goes, I do agree with the writer on one point. If they want the best pool of HC candidates to pick from they need to pick up the pace a bit. I do not want them to rush the process. Getting the right guy is the most important part. However, I hate to see this thing get dragged out too much; and the team use a lack of quality candidates as an excuse to retain Mularkey.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. kenny

kenny Starter

I would be happy just to see Underwood come out and say: I know we spoke a lot about why we like Mike Mularkey. However, it is important to us that our fans know that we will be conducting a thorough interview process. The candidate that comes in and convinces us that they have a plan; and can improve this team the most, will get the job. We do not want our fans to believe that we are going into this process with a favorite for the job. We are keeping an open mind; because the most important part of this change is getting it right. Our fans deserve the best man for the job. That is what we will be looking for; no question.

That would ease my mind somewhat. The way they left it in the Press Conference, I believe most see Mularkey as the favorite.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I bet they have a GM by Wednesday, and maybe only 1 coach is off the market, and that will be Gase. I say Hue & McDaniels are still available.

7. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

Fluff. "Don't bite the hand that's feeding you." Simple time-honored concept.

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
  8. TitanUpB4UGO

TitanUpB4UGO Starter

What you did, there....

[​IMG]

• Boring Boring x 1
    • Bullsh*t Bullsh*t x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Any top GM candidate is going to want input on who the HC will be. IMO, Underwood can narrow down the list to 5-8 guys but any GM will want to sit in on the interview.

And, frankly, why wouldn't you want your GM giving input?

Also, I don't see the rush. Many of the top HC candidates are in the playoffs. Be ready once they become available with the new GM in place.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar