Titans, Haynesworth Talking As Deadline Approaches

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titansfan4eva24, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titansfan4eva24

titansfan4eva24 VY 4 Life

2. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He better not get a bigger deal than Harris.

3. J Titan

J Titan Guest

i think that he deserves what harris got, not more, not less. its about right.

4. KTOWN TITAN

KTOWN TITAN Orca Fighter

If he won't play for the money Harris got dude has a problem.

5. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

Haynesworth Contract Talks Continue as Deadline Closes

SUMMARY: Time is running out for the Titans and Albert Haynesworth to agree on a long-term deal. Haynesworth's agent, Chad Speck, and Titans officials were talking Monday with discussions expected to continue up to Tuesday's 4 p.m. EDT deadline to reach an extension. If no such deal is reached by that deadline, then the team cannot extend Haynesworth to a new deal until after the Titans conclude the 2008 season against Indianapolis on Dec. 28. Haynesworth, the first player tagged as a franchise player by this team since safety Blaine Bishop in 1997, is coming off the best season of his career. The 6-foot-6, 320-pound tackle had six sacks, 23 quarterback pressures and six tackles for loss in earning his first All-Pro and Pro Bowl honors.

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't expect we'll see Albert sign the tender until the week before the season begins which means he won't be at camp or the preseason games.

7. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

He's a Fat azzed loser. He better take that tender if he knows what's good for him, and get his lard azz into camp and EARN that contract that he's looking for, and stop leaning on his only productive season as a Pro.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Crash Override

Crash Override inVINCEable

I guess we can just franchise him again next season.

9. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I don't either. Unfortunately, sitting out that much will render him ineffective until around mid-season...which will expose our defensive cooridinator:clown: for the genius he is:rolleyes:...but I hope I'm wrong.

10. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

First off AH isn't a loser just because he hasn't signed a tender or a long term contract (actually he is one of our best players). AH would be stupid not to negotiate for every dime he can get right up until the deadline.

Assuming there is Tommie Harris like money being offered by the Titans I suspect AH would be smart to negotiate right up to the deadline and then sign the best deal he can. It is risky for him to play under the franchise tag. He could get injured or have an off year.

If he does end up playing under the tag it would be very stupid for him to not have himself in top notch shape so he can have another great season.

If I had to guess I'd say they will reach a longterm deal unless the Titans are really trying to low ball him. AH wants to stay in TN, the cost of living and tax situation is highly favorable to many places he could end up if he changes teams and AH should take the money instead of taking the risk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar