Titans @ Giants Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

Vince getting very limited chances to prove himself as an actual quarterback doesn't help anything..yeah I know we got CJ, but jesus, we can't rely on him EVERY drive of EVERY game. Every passing heavy team will have off days and they turn to the RB..why can't we have a couple games where we actually throw the ball when CJ is getting stuffed?

Frustrated as hell at how our offense is being run. No creativity, over-reliance on run game, no screen passes, no quick slants ..just long deep routes and running up the middle, amazing.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I agree with you that VY does seem to have it all. Gobs of great numbers to back him up including all the the 4th qtr comebacks too. The stats just continue to tell us we have a great one and prove the haters wrong.

3. madeupdreams

madeupdreams Starter

You say that as if it isn't relevant. After all, isn't winning a championship the end goal of every team?

He's nowhere near the level of his brother but as far as quarterbacks go, you could do much worse than Eli Manning.

4. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

WOW...I guess true love is blind.

I am not a VY hater, but come on...he has improved, but needs to continue to improve in order to get to the next level in this league. He has the potential, but he is NOT there yet.

I was impressed with how he responded (and played) today...shows me some maturity that he did not have a couple of years ago. I just hope he continues to progress.

That being said, I agree with those who are complaining about the overdependence on the run game today (especially in the first half). IT IS TIME TO OPEN UP THE PLAYBOOK, AND SEE WHAT WE REALLY HAVE IN THE PASSING GAME. Dinger knows what to do here, I just hope the handcuffs can be taken off of him.

5. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Thanks TitanJeff

6. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

I think Haynes was obvious,and Mawee was a smart fellow, and was good at the adjustments, but was getting overpowered by the defense.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

I think its awful how the Titans mistreated Bulluck. He really showed the Titans what they were missing.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

Yes. Give Vince some of the weapons Manning has had. Shockey. Plax. Hakeem Nicks. Kevin Boss. We've never had a pass catcher on the caliber of any of those dudes. Britt could get there, but he hasn't yet. Same for Nate. Same for Cook. Vince is caged in a system that allows him 15-20 passes per game. Eli gets 30-40. There's a lot more room for putting up numbers when you nearly double the total opportunity.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

6 tackles? Yeah, that's not bad. We had 1 LB with more...

and KB played half the time.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

yeah Bulluck is the master of the tackle after 6-10 yards, although he did benefit from having 8 of his brand new BFFs elbow to elbow while he was on the field.

Don't expect to see him in Hawaii in Feburary, unless he goes there for vacation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar