Titans Get Rematch They Wanted

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Jan 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: The Chargers were the only team to beat the Titans the last five weeks of the season when Tennessee blew a 14-3 lead with just nine minutes left in the game. It was one of the Titans more physical games of the season with numerous injuries and fines given out afterwards. Mawae said Sunday's AFC wild-card game will be a grudge match between the No. 6 seed and the AFC West champs. "I know that there's a lot of things went on a few weeks ago when we played them at our place, a lot of bad blood in this game. So it'll be interesting to see. We're going to try to stay focused this week and not get caught up in the locker room trash talk and just focus on ourselves," Mawae said. "We go out to San Diego and give them our best shot."

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I hated reading about that Chambers "catch".

3. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

As long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot with unnecessary roughness penalties, i think we do owe them a couple of good hits.

[​IMG]

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

I'd like to see Stewart just body slam Merriman. Take the 15. Send a message early.

5. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I just want to see crying a ss baby LT, pitching a temper temper when they loose just like he did when New England beat them last year. :ha:

6. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

I wanna see Rivers picking grass out of (what's left of) his teeth on the sidelines early then Billy can come in for a spleen buster...

7. wycheck28

wycheck28 Starter

i love this match up.. the last time we met it left a very sour taste in my mouth and when i knew we were going to play them again i got so excited.. the words pay back keep flowing through my mind.. i used to think L.T was a class player but he has really proven to be a big baby who pouts when he doesnt get his way.. and i really hope we shut that big trap on shawn merriman early.. i remember the day after are last matchup with the chargers all of there players were whining about how physical we played and trust me the chargers dont like to get hit exspecially L.T and if i see his vizzo flat screen commercials one more time i might puke.. also i really think we got hosed the last game. every other call that has been challenged this year i have seen about 4 or 5 different views of a play but on the chargers last drive of regulation right after L.T's catch out of bounds( they finally reversed this play after 5 diff views showed him out of bounds) a chargers player makes a catch( it totally looked like he trapped the ball) at about the 40 yrd line the booth upstairs reviews the play and because of lack of evidence they say its a catch.. well yeah they only showed 1 view and that view was of the players back you couldnt see anything( the reason i say it looked like a trap is b/c the ball looks like it was about to bounce off the grass right before the player was going to catch the ball) but why was there only 1 angle of this play and every other challenged call provides at least 5 different views oh well i will stop whining im starting to sound like L.T.. im going to the game and i have 2 extra tickets the seats are on the 45 about 10 rows up let me know if anyone wants to go.i want as many titan fans there as possible. email me or just let me know on here. my email adress is [email protected]

8. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

I have wanted this rematch since the first game. I agree....I would like to see Roidman get leveled early, then cry like the b@$%* he is. I would also like to see the next saga of LT vs Rivers, where LT actually cries and slaps Rivers before getting up and stomping off.

This is going to be a great game, likely the best of the weekend.

GO TITANS!

9. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

10. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

I'd like the matchup even more with everyone on the team healthy. Especially Young, Scaife, and Williams? Speaking of injuries does anyone have an update on Chris Hope?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar