Titans front office to blame for Colts loss

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Broken Record, Sep 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Broken Record

Broken Record Biscuit Eater Staff

The Tennessee Titans should have beaten the defending champion Indianapolis Colts on Sunday. If Vince Young had any help in the passing game, they would have.

article here

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

The arguement has been made for awhile that the Titans don't need a true "gamebreaker" receiver, because the way we play, we wouldn't really utilize the receiver.

So far, it's hard to see that any of our WRs are long-term targets for Vince over his career. It would really be nice to find his complement (Like Manning to Harrison).

That being said, i don't think the FO is to blame for the colts loss.

I'm not sure if anyone has said this here yet, but I really felt like had Vince used his legs a few more times Sunday, that would've given us a better chance to win the game. Hope to see a few more scrambles out of Vince in Lousiana on Monday.

3. Ryan

Ryan FREE WILLY!!!

None of the receivers available at 19 weren't good enough for what we needed.

Gonzo could of been our pick in the 2nd round if he stuck around but the Colts grabbed him up.

I didn't even want Bowe.. Idk

I do wish we had a playmaking receiver like Steve Smith

4. Big TT

Big TT AKA QUADZILLA-STATE CHAMP-

I am really wondering what talent McNair had, true enough that mason developed, but it was really only "Air McNair" for a couple of seasons. And I would never have considered our WR corps one of the leauge best, barely middle of the leauge as of matter of fact.

5. smili

smili Starter

recall the FO did give a strong offer for Stallworth. I think our offer was as good or better then New Englands, but he chose their offer. Not many other decent FA wideouts out there. No way should we have matched the deal Bennett got from St.Louis. Maybe we should've kept Wade?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Stallworth nor any of the other guys in FA wouldn't make much of a difference.
    I do think the GM made a mistake by not being more aggressive and trading up for the cream of the crop of WRs going into round 3. Turns out we ended up about the 8th guy picked in that round. We did seem to make a decent pick in Davis but we will not see dividends on any rookie WR for at least another year.

7. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Our guys are getting open and Vince is missing them. How is that their fault? Granted, Jones dropped a pass he should have caught, but Williams made a few nice catches. Guys were getting open, and Vince just couldn't get them the ball. Scaife was WIDE open on one play, and the ball went out of bounds. It's happened a lot over the last two weeks. At least wait until Vince's accuracy improves before blaming the WRs. I know they aren't well know, but that doesn't make them bad players.

8. ico4498

ico4498 Guest

it would have been nice to keep Bennett. VY to Bennett made some critical plays for us last year. adding a prime receiver would have been a positive step. the current receiving corps may have a world of potential, but in most ways we're starting from scratch with the passing game.:gag:

but i'm not posting to praise Caesar (this article) but to kill him. because of the bounty of surplus funds last offseason, talent was overpriced. i believe committing to long term contracts in that inflated marketplace would have been a strategical error. as nice as keeping Drew + adding a prime would have been, we'll get better less crippling bargains in the future.

that plus the long term perspective is the road to success:trophy: . imo, score one for the front office's restraint. 2 point loss to the SB champions nonetheless ...

9. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

it wasnt the only play that made us lose the game...but Brandon Jones makes that catch, we would have been in MUCH better shape

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

williams wasn't even active.

i only counted three dropped balls, but all of them were on third down and all of them would have resulted in first downs. one in the redzone(the ball hit davis in the face), one deep to gage(he got bailed out with a PI call) and obviously the jones drop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar