Rumor Titans Free Agency Rumors

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I'll preface this by saying, I hope I'm wrong - but the Davis pick was my least favorite of our draft. I think he was overdrafted and has a lot of issues.

My biggest concern is, I know he's fixing his stance, but even with that aside, he gets too high sometimes and lets players get into his body. He also doesn't seem too strong. I think he only did like 21 on the bench or something. I'd want more strength from my starting guard.

Again I hope I'm wrong, but I didn't like the pick at the time, and the more I've found to watch on him, and read about him, the more I dislike it.

Also - has anyone read why he was suspended the first 4 games this past year? Has the reason ever come out? All I could find was something generic like "violation of rules."

2. Gut

Gut Pro Bowler

My biggest question mark for him is...how will he do in a zone blocking scheme where we ask him to pull...or will we go back to more power run stuff? He has quick feet and moves better than you'd think based on his combine numbers. But I wanna see him in this scheme or see how they are adjusting it.

I think they NEEDED to take an OC or OG and they felt he was the best of what was left at that point. honestly you'd have thought if the Titans took Hooker in the 3rd and got Davis in the 4th you'd probably be happier...but we got both guys so...let's hope it works out.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I actually liked the pick. He plays angry, and we needed the position. Many players that I’m betting we were eyeballing got picked before him as well, so he was kind of the last quality guy left there. He’s a also versatile (RT and Guard) and is a good pass blocker, which I think was big with regards to Mary. I guess time will tell.

4. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I think you're right about that part. I'm betting we were hoping Chase Winovich fell to us and he went like 5 picks ahead of where we picked. I know we also met with Sione Takitaki a lot and he went 2 picks ahead of us. If we were eyeing offensive line in the 3rd, Michael Deiter would have been a great pick, but he went like 3 picks ahead of us. I honestly wish we had traded up in the 3rd for any of those 3, instead of trading up in the 4th for Hooker. Our secondary is a strength at the moment and Hooker will probably only play special teams. But a pass rusher would have been a much more immediate help.

I've said it before, and I know many will disagree, the thing I hated most about the Davis pick was that Jaylon Ferguson was still on the board and we didn't take him. He's the leading sacker in the history of college football, at a position of need and he was available in the 3rd round and we didn't take him. Not only did we not take him, he went to the Ravens.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  5. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

Like JCBRAVE's post , you hit it dead on.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

“Excellent teacher”
    There I said it......lol

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Texans cut Griffin lol.

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

Omg, he was still playing? Lol

• LOL LOL x 1
  9. Dee

Dee Pro Bowler

Mike? He retired last year.

• LOL LOL x 1
  10. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Griffin the TE who got arrested draft weekend. Not Mike.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar