Titans First-Round Draft Pick (#20): Baylor WR Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We definitely could've traded down if we wanted to. The Patriots traded with the Bengals and went from 27 to 21 to take Jones. They could've done the same thing with us. At 27, we would've either taken Perry, Konz, Still or Worthy, I guess.

2. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Honestly, I was someone on the fence with the Wright pick when it was made (I've warmed up to it now) And I did NOT want DeCastro. 0 interest in taking a guard. Harris will be better with Hutchinson replacing the horrible Jake Scott.

Guard isn't a need at all. Take a C in round 4-5 and the OL is significantly better.

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

kneecap the current C and the OL is significantly better

4. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

The shock has settled. Kendall wright is a playmaker. Nuff said.

5. Tennessee

Tennessee @titan_up

Really. You're surprised? NYG won the Super Bowl with the 27th best D against the patriots who had the 31st best D. The packers whom everyone thought of as the best team in the league had the 32nd rated D. Please, stop talking about an interior lineman or a guy who can get. Us 7 more sacks.

I want a guy who can get us 7 more points..a game! This guy does that. Even if he isn't catching balls he's freeing up cj. This was the best pick to become a contender. This FO knows how to win. The titans are gonna become a force, just be ready

6. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

I think you need to lay off checking out the muscles and hard bodies of big 12 receivers.

7. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

YEEEEEWWWWWWWWW! Live with it fellas. Embrace it.

8. cdubbs2121

cdubbs2121 Pro Bowler

After getting over my shock/mad phase I've softened up and remember how I felt when we drafted CJ. I trust the scouts know what their doing and you're right on the 3 and outs. Hopefully it's locker time.

I also agree none of DE really jumped out as must haves and the Oline can be fixed with hutch and later rounds. All and all a good start and if we play to our potential we could be nasty

9. 14u2ponder

14u2ponder Starter

People moan and complain about fischerball, and when we finally get out of the mode people complain that we aren't trying to build another fischer team.

I can't remember the last time I was excited for the titans' receiving core. Actually it goes back to the oilers of the 90s. Thank god that the titans are actually trying to get a good receiving core again.

10. pettso

pettso Starter

Was I surprised? Yeah... Am I disappointed? Not at all.

I didn't want DeCastro at the start of the day, a few people in the gameday chat convinced me it was a good idea after a while - but I'm pretty happy we didn't use a 1st on a guard. As some others have said, you can get a good guard in virtually any round. Yeah, DeCastro will be slightly better but its not that big of a difference.

Hightower? He's great but I doubt they really considered drafting an ILB to be honest. We're about as set at the spot as QB/OT, they have a player they love and are not looking to waste a 1st round pick on someone that will ride pine or play out of position.

Mercilus was my pick, I wanted him, Kirkpatrick or Barron at the start of the draft. The latter two didn't make it and while I would have been super happy with Mercilus, I understand that they weren't willing to gamble on a high risk/reward player.

Now, think about last year for a moment. Does anyone remember all the Brandon Lloyd threads? How angry everyone was when we wouldn't trade for a WR? Yeah, Washington stepped up, and yeah, Williams played okay but our offense was much much worse without a serious play-making WR on the field. That was very noticeable when Britt went down. Quality WR depth was definitely a need, whether you guys want to admit it or not.

The first round is where you draft BPA, anyone you consider to be a "playmaker" should be at the top of your list. At pick 20, most playmakers are off the board, the top guys at every need position were already picked and the FO apparently considered Wright the BPA and a playmaker. Can't argue with that pick.

Edit: They're also committed to giving Locker the best possible chance to succeed. I commend them for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar