Titans First-Round Draft Pick (#20): Baylor WR Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Making my way through the thread but holy hell.

I'm kind of excited about Wright, I would've been pissed about combine wonder Hill.

2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Was Wright BPA on my board??? heck no...it was Hightower. But obviously he was BPA on the Titans board. We could have easily drafted a safe need pick, but we didn't. We stuck true to our board. One thing people need to understand is that Wright is not some one yr wonder. The kid caught 50 balls as a freshman with an avg of 13ypc. That is solid production and he has only gotten better since then.

I do chuckle at his talking about being a returner because he only returned 8 punts and 1 kickoff in his whole college career.

3. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I was really thinking it was Hightower.

I'm pretty glad we are focusing on offense I just hope this was the correct time to choose a WR.

I hope RG3 didn't make Wright.

Oh well. Britt-Wright-NateWash-Cook-CJ-Locker looks like a good 6.

4. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

you know... i just realized something... im feeling the same way when CJ got drafted... we already had a RB and we chose another for our first pick... and i was just as pissed as i am now..
    hopefully, Wright will prove me wrong and be lights out like CJ has... let us hope...

still pissed though...

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I wasn't really happy with the CJ or Britt picks (mainly because I knew nothing about them and wanted Mendenhall or DeSean Jackson in 08 and Nicks in 09)... But after doing my homework on both, I liked them.

Same can be said for Wright.

6. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

Honestly, I was SHOCKED and SURPRISED. Did NOT see this coming (A WR in thee 1st, not specific to Wright).

I hated it at first but I'm warming up to it. I don't like his 5"10 height but he's a supposed speedster so he better blow by DB's 'cause he's not winning any jump balls.

If he is a good player, our offense is going to be incredible.

Forget Ben Jones in the 3rd, we need to go D in both 2nd & 3rd. Grab Molk, Blake or Brewster in the 5th.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Watching his clips, the thing that stood out the most to me about Wright was how effortlessly he changes direction at full speed. That would be pretty deadly as a returner you'd think.

I'd say if anything it was the other way around, watching the higlights (not that I think either). He turned a lot of bubble screens and short crossing patterns into touchdowns. The dude appears to have great hands, great concentration, and changes direction on a dime with little to no loss of speed.

I think he'll be a great weapon for us. Kinda like a DeSean Jackson without the attitude.

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think this says something about our franchise.

We are obviously aiming for a team that will put up 28+ points a game. Even though the team said they were going to focus on stopping the run, I think that philosophy has changed in the past few months. Wimbley is pass rusher, and undersized at that, and we obviously passed on one of the big defensive tackles we thought we would take. I would not be surprised if we do not address defensive tackle until much later than originally thought.

This is going to be a very different Titans team in the coming years. We wanted change, and we are about to get it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Steve Smith is 5'9", DeSean Jackson is 5'10", Derrick Mason is 5'10", Wes Welker is 5'9", Santonio Holmes is 5'11", and there are a multitude of good WRs in the league at 6'0".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar