Titans First-Round Draft Pick (#20): Baylor WR Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Apr 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I want the Titans to get Still in round two, trading up if necessary.

Then take either the kid from Georgia or the kid from Michigan in rd. 3-4.

Then I'll be happy.

_________

I'm getting to lukewarm on the pick. I usually prefer bigger receivers, but we have one of those in Britt. From the highlights, it does seem like the kid has good hands, and great YAC ability. At least Washington won't be the deep threat anymore, since he drops most of them.

I did have this thought earlier...

(Mike Keith's voice)

Locker in the gun, takes the snap, sprints right. Pump fake to Britt, Hands it off to Wright on an end around.

Wright flips it to CJ on the reverse, he has the corner... the 40, the 30, the 20, the ten...

TOUCHDOWN TITANS!!

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Purely speculation on my part, but Konz might have a medical red flag for some teams. He missed some time in 2010 with a sprained ankle and dislocated his ankle in 2011.

3. Young54

Young54 Starter

I knew we weren’t going to draft OL in the first. I honestly didn’t want DeCastoro. I’ve said multiple times that I have faith in Munch and in Mathews to find solid starters in the late rounds. Especially in the O-line!

Armchair GM’s?!? I’m not even too sure what you mean by that, but I guess you’re trying to insult me in some way. What if I told you that I actually am paid NFL scout for a team that I cannot reveal???? I mean… I’m not! Lol… but don’t assume things. I have never claimed to be a scout or an expert in any way. I would actually assume that most of the people on this board do a heck of a lot more “research” into players than I do. I agree that none of us have any idea of what the Titans draft board looks like. However, I wasn’t the first one to “throw out” the phrase best player available. I was refuting other posters comments on Wright being the BPA at 20. My opinion of DeCastro being the BPA at the time was based on the information of people who are actually paid to scout and evaluate players. I highly doubt that the Titans had Wright as the best player on the board at that time. I think it was more of a want than anything else. You’re right… we’ll never know, but my money is on him being a want.

4. Architect

Architect Pain Train

Im really disappointed in this pick, gonna wait until the 2nd day of the draft results before I get bent out of shape.

5. HeadOnASwivel

HeadOnASwivel Pro Bowler

The Titans don't trade up or down, the concept is too difficult for them to get their heads around. No, they'll sit paitently on their hands and hang the phone up when it rings as usual. And no, they won't draft they guy you want, the guy we know they need, they'll continue to throw us curve balls like I said they would months ago. And we'll continue to be 9-7, 8-8.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

So who would you have preferred?

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol

Titans traded down and still grabbed EG way back in the last millenium, of course EG attempted to try and get paid for the 3-4 slots the Titans dropped down.

and I wanted the G from Stanford myself but Im all about whatever it takes to get EA out of the starting lineup and hopefully into some sort of migratory field work

8. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I can't believe we passed up on Decastro...I could have swore he was the number 1 guy on our board. I thought if we did pass up Decastro it would have been for Hightower.

No use in being mad though. We got another dominating WR; he will be an amazing compliment to Kenny Britt. I'm so happy we went with him over Stephen Hill!

I knew once the Bengals selected Kirkpatrick our FO was like O SH%$...Our offense should be fun to watch for many seasons to come though!

9. Young54

Young54 Starter

Like I said earlier... we will never know who the Titans actually had on their board. My opinion is based on what the people who are paid to do it professionally were saying. I highly doubt that the Titans thought of him as the best player at 20, but probably figured we could afford a luxury pick with a guy they really wanted. Simple. We’ll never know.

I wasn’t fully sold on Mercilus but his production last year was eye-popping and I believe he has huge potential. Dude looks like a freak! Not starting will probably actually work in his favor. They can plug him on passing down JPP style until he develops his run stopping D.

I agree that Hightower wasn’t a good fit for us. I like Mychal Kendricks and Ronnell Lewis much more. If we can get Lewis in the third I will be ecstatic.

10. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I think he could really pan out for us but before we throw him under the bus lets take a look at our 2nd and 3rd round picks shall we?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar