Titans first, Colts fifth in power rankings

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by NewsGrabber, Dec 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

<p><em>Posted by ESPN.com's Paul Kuharsky</em></p> <p>ESPN.com NFL power ranking voters -- myself included -- didn't put a lot of stock into the Colts' shutout of the Titans in Indianapolis. They had nothing at stake, and the Giants lost, too.</p> <p>So Tennessee finished the final regular-season <a href="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2008&week=18" shape="rect" target="_blank">rankings</a> at No. 1.</p> <p>Here's the weekly breakdown of the AFC South:</p> <table align="center" border="0"><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1"> <table bgcolor="#c0c0c0" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="500"><tr><td colspan="1" rowspan="1"> <table border="0" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tr><td bgcolor="#196120" colspan="6" rowspan="1"><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>AFC South Power Rankings</strong> </font></td></tr><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#d6d6d6" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>Rank</strong></font></td><td bgcolor="#d6d6d6" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>Team</strong></font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#d6d6d6" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>PK Last week</strong></font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#d6d6d6" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>PK This week</strong></font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#d6d6d6" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>Panel High</strong></font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#d6d6d6" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1"><strong>Panel Low</strong></font></td></tr><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">1</font></td><td bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Tennessee</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">1</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">1</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">1</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">2</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">5</font></td><td bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Indianapolis</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">5</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">5</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">2</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">6</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">18</font></td><td bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Houston</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">18</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">15</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">15</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">19</font></td></tr><tr><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">25</font></td><td bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">Jacksonville</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">25</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">25</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">24</font></td><td align="center" bgcolor="#f4f4f4" colspan="1" rowspan="1"><font face="Verdana" size="1">28</font></td></tr></table> </td></tr></table> </td></tr></table> <p>I pledged a big bump for the Eagles if they beat the Cowboys and they vaulted from 20th to 12th on my ballot.</p> <p>As always, so you know who else's mailbag to flood with your complaints, here's <a href="/blogs/nfcwest/0-6-330/Power-rankings--How-the-voters-voted.html" shape="rect" target="_blank">a link</a> to an excellent breakdown of the voting by NFC West maven Mike Sando.</p>

More...

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Man i hope the Chargers beat the Colts really bad.

3. omahacolt

omahacolt Starter

i understand that you are scared. i would be too

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Scared of what? Didn't we already demolish your FIRST team?

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

what the rules committee having a secret meeting to arrange another Gayton ring ceremony???

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I really don't know that it's fear but I'll say that the Colts are the most formidable opponent Tennessee could face in the post season. However, San Diego does a lot on the ground and I'd rather deal with their offensive attack than the balls out passing assault of the Colts.

On the other hand no other teams understands what Indianapolis does better than the Titans. It's just unnerving watching the bend but don't break defense the Titans run against the Colts. I know that any play could go for six and too often the Colts convert the short third downs.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TBC_titan

TBC_titan Camp Fodder

I was still groggy before I read this, but after a good chuckle from that statement, I'm wide awake now.

Besides, the Chargers won't be any easier than the Colts. Both of you have an above average offense and a mediocre defense.
    But since we owe the Chargers an *** whoopin, I want them to show up at LP field.
    If Indy does show up at LP, (Jeff) Saturday and crew better be ready. They will be dealing with four bulldozers(and their rotating backups) coming at them all game. Poutin better get rid of the ball quickly. I see our defense playing lights out during that game.

Oh, and beat the Chargers this weekend first, THEN you can come back over here and talk smack about Poutin and crew coming to LP next weekend.

8. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I'm not scared of the Colts, im scared of 1 colt.... the quick releasing dink and dunk Peyton Manning. He's to fast to get sacked a lot, so our secondary better be ready if they come to TN.

9. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think Indy is overrated. I think the Chargers are on a hot streak. I think both will not move the ball on the Titans D. I think it doesn't matter which one we play. I think the colts get exposed by the Chargers. I think that I think too much.

10. jose7

jose7 Camp Fodder

We know we can stop LT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar