Titans fans are some of the worse fans.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by stillmatic23, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

this is the worse thread i've ever read

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I have to agree with this. Being incredibly positive doesn't make you a better fan. I'm a titans fan because I root for the titans, whether they're 15-0 going into the last week, or 0-15. It doesn't matter if I think they're going to lose a game, I go and I cheer them on. This is a titans fan board, almost everyone on here is a titans fan, or a fan of another team. We're here for discussion, and differing opinions make this a better place. We analyze players, we analyze games, heck, we look at individual plays sometimes. We obviously all care about this team, and want the best for them. That doesn't mean we expect perfection. It doesn't take much to root for a team that you truly believe is destined to be the best and win all the time, it's much harder to get out there and follow a team that you know to be imperfect.

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:thumb:

4. PickledMidget

PickledMidget Camp Fodder

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qXj1VzB-To"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3qXj1VzB-To" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

5. OswegoTitan41

OswegoTitan41 Starter

how do you have the nerve to come onto a titans forum and say titan fans are the worst fans ever. that's pretty lame, our first three games are all very tough games, i don't expect us to start 3-0, sure i'd love it, but i dont expect it. we're being realistic

6. BigRed3

BigRed3 Straight Cash, Homey

Dear god man, this is football for God's sake!

7. Oh... I'm sure I've seen 1 or 2 that were worst that this... :ha:

8. ONUV

ONUV Starter

my statement is accurate

9. NationofVols

NationofVols Camp Fodder

I think you should tally up how much money you've spent on the Titans versus how much some of us "negative" people on here have spent. $2000 PSL's...check....$900+ in season tickets for 10 years now...check.

You do the math and YOU decide if you honestly think it's a good idea to question someone's loyalty.

Us "realistic" fans are the ones that make up most of what sell the stadium out every game, it's plenty of us who voted to ALLOW OUR TAXES to increase to build a piece of shyt stadium, and it's the vast majority that are completely okay with being sick of how terrible the front office has treated players like blaine biship and company yet pay the money anyway because we're loyal despite EARNING the right to b!tch, moan, and whine whenever we want to.

Age might not have anything to do with it but common sense does. It may not be the common sense you apply to YOUR thoughts on the team, it applies to the common sense that you try to apply to OTHERS and their thoughts.

Chances are most of the people you point the finger at that you think are too negative know significantly more about this franchise than you do.

Maybe you should ask yourself, "what makes up a fan?" Chances are you won't find people shaking their blinding pom pom's in the air over guys like Chris Henry or when we've lost significantly more weapons than we've gained in the offseason.

10. TNThunder

TNThunder Guest

Let's also remember that preseason is very vanilla.....schemes aren't put in (cept for the Patriots blitzing a lot), and you really can't judge. The Bills are picked near the bottom, so that is not much of a measuring stick. The Packers will give us a better idea. The Jags were the only team that literally owned us last year, and far as limiting offensive production, so you can understand why some are being cautious. This will be a great test to see how far we have come since then. You are entitled to be a cheerleader, but fans that have watched the Titans since '99 need to see a little more to be convinced we have turned the corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar