Titans fan base ranked worst

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SalmonSlayer, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

:bs:
    eeeh

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Agreed. I've been waiting for the update on who the hell had a death threat but that comment keeps getting buried in DW and JCB arguments.

I get it, JCB pushes his kid to be better and Mariota is like his kid or something like that.
    DW thinks everyone that doesn't agree with his take that Mariota is total garbage automatically thinks Mariota is treated as untouchable for criticism.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

well compared to Ol'DW MM8 is beyond criticism

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

How much money was spent on the team (tix, march, etc) was a major metric of this ranking. During '99-02 the Titans organization was ranked top 5 in merch sales and ticket sales.

The Titans TOTALLY earned this current dead last ranking. Our stadium is below average in architecture, quality seating, quality concessions at value, entry/exit, in game entertainment, wi-fi, tailgating experience etc. I could go on and on. And I've been to several away games in quality stadiums. (I enjoy going to away games more than home largely because of the above mentioned.)

The Titans organization is ENTIRELY responsible our fandom is now ranked last. They promoted from within, refused to sacrifice profit margin to stay current, we're incredibly obstinate in refusing to implement ideas from passionate, loyal season ticket holders, sold tickets to brokers on the DL, and most importantly to me NEVER implemented any type of loyalty rewards program.

I've mentioned a couple of times that I've had numerous conversations with various members of management. The idea was simple. Award points for EVERY dollar a fan has spent on the Titans. Ticket Sales, Merchandise, Concessions, corporate group events, etc. And have a "Fan Loyalty Reward" program that has items of varying quality/desirability priced with points that fans can exclusively redeem their points. And by quality items, I mean autographed memorabilia, exclusive meet and greets, FIELD PASSES, premium practice seating, etc. And price the stuff relative to the availability.

For example, I was a season ticket holder of premium seats for nearly 20 years. Honestly- I've spent ~$200k on tickets and merchandise at home alone during that time. For all of that- the organization sent me a few bobble heads, and an occasional box of return quality crap (caps/T-shirts w/seams pulled, battery charger that never worked, etc). It was chit that probably had been returned or didn't meet their quality standard of what they'd sell. Or it was simple an inventory purge of expired items. Again- unwilling to sacrifice ANY portion of their profit margin to re-invest in FAN LOYALTY.

The conversations I had in presenting this idea were "Oh yeah- we're talking about that idea" or "yes- that idea is almost ready for implementation". etc. But of course, it never came around. And honestly, it left me feeling like WTF- I'm an idiot to support this organization so heavily.

Between 2002-2017 this organization invested SO LITTLE in free agents, head coaches, general managers, marketing managers that the fan interest "died on the vine". I run a successful business as I'm sure many here do as well. Truthfully, the majority of people who post here could have made better management decisions better than the FO did.

As far as what is currently occurring, I think AAS has seen that Bud's formula of never re-investing profit margin was not working. And honestly- it is obvious to me that the success of the Preds has illustrated to AAS that this fan market is ripe for success when a franchise is managed with a contemporary business strategy. She really screwed the pooch when she forced Mularkey on us the way Bud forced Munchak on us- at least IMO. So although I think the management of the franchise COULD be headed in the right direction, I have my doubts. We'll just have to see. And I'll be watching from my big screen TV until I decide to go to a game. I'll just get my same ticket 2nd hand from a broker at barely above normal seat price. And I'll come out about $12,000/year ahead that way.

• Cheers Cheers x 3
    • High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If you dont want those bobble heads can I buy them from you?

• LOL LOL x 3
  6. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Well if you had a fair take I’d be fine with it but...

• LOL LOL x 1
  7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

And you just go out and buy more of his shirts.

8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I'm gonna do my part to make sure this comment stays towards the end here.

Done with the DW hating Mariota thing, I am really interested in which one of you here threatened one of our best players, and which player?

• High Five High Five x 3
  9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

yea @steverife who threatened who?

If you dont wrap this up with an answer Im gonna kick your ass! :whack:

• LOL LOL x 2
  10. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Maybe it was that crazy fan guy that got "2017 AFC Champions" tatted on his arm before the season started?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar