Titans @ Falcons Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Aug 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

You can't be serious.

The pass to McCareins was late. Eddie even pointed that fact out. He slipped because the pass was off-target. Gage pulled up because the pass was way overthrown and behind him. Look again.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I did. Twice.

The ball to McCareins was thrown to where he was supposed to be if he could have completed the route without slipping. Gage lost the ball. Simple as that.

"We put drives together, but we weren’t finishing. We did some good things and had some opportunities, but we didn’t take advantage of them, mainly because we couldn’t catch the football."

But what does Fisher know?

3. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

people tend to see what they want to see. If you go in looking to actively find faults in VY performance, everything is his fault. If you actually look at it in a less biased way, you'll see that while vy through some bad passes.. the WRs completely sold him out.

4. Alpha-Centuri

Alpha-Centuri Starter

Fisher loves to speak in Fisherspeak, but he took off the veil this time.. We DID have some good things going, but we couldn't catch the ball.

5. Tuckfro42

Here's the funny thing... I wanted to see Vince do well. I went in thinking that he would do well. If anything, I was biased towards Vince and against our receivers. I'm sure you won't believe me since I'm speaking negatively of Vince now, but I have always thought he could be an effective passer. Not anymore.

6. Tuckfro42

Sure, McCareins could have caught the ball if he hadn't slipped. It was still a late throw - McCareins had come out of his break before the ball was thrown.

And, there were a lot of drops. Only one (or two if we count the above) of them happened when Vince was at QB.

7. TitanJeff

Which is why Fisher mentioned them at the half? Right.

8. Tuckfro42

I'm pretty sure Fisher was referring to the Gage drop just before the half, not a plethora of drops by the receiving corps.

I'm not trying to make things up in an attempt to degrade VY, I'm just commenting on what I saw tonight. I'm still going to continue to root for VY to do well and improve. I just don't think that our receivers are the real problem with the passing game. I just wonder how much longer some will place blame for the lack of a passing attack on the receivers? I bet Dinger will be the next scapegoat before some will see that it is Vince.

9. TitanJeff

I don't think anyone is saying Vince didn't have some bad passes. He obviously did. But you said in your first post on the subject the WRs were not part of the problem. They were.

10. Tuckfro42

OK, our receivers are worthless. Are the Falcons' any better? How about the Eagles'? What about the Jags'? As the leader of the offense, Vince has to start making his receivers look better. Fact is we don't have a stud #1 receiver, but neither do several other teams that have a more effective passing game than we do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar