Breaking News Titans extend contracts of GM Jon Robinson & HC Mike Vrabel

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Feb 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Oh I see others beat me to the point already.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
  2. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

to be honest though... almost every move Robinson made early was no brainers. The moves GoTitans had been crying years for.

following webster/lorax/reinfeldt would make any of us look like a smartikus

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. Carp

Carp Starter

See my post before. He was forced out.

EDIT: My post was to say the successful NFL coaches don't leave their current jobs for the NCAA. If they get fired/forced out, that's a little different.

Straight from his Wiki page:

On October 5, it was rumored that Harbaugh would not return in 2015 regardless of that season's outcome, though owner Jed York denied the claims at the time.[133] It has been suggested that Harbaugh, despite his success on the field, was involved in a power struggle with 49ers general manager Trent Baalke starting from the 2013 season onward.[134][135] On December 28, 2014, the 49ers announced that they had mutually agreed to part ways with Harbaugh as their head coach.[136] York claims Harbaugh and the 49ers agreed to mutually part ways immediately after a win over the Arizona Cardinals in the final week of the regular season.[137] Harbaugh, however, later said: "I didn't leave the 49ers. I felt like the 49er hierarchy left me."[138] He further added that the 49ers informed him that he would no longer be the 49ers coach after suffering a loss on December 14, but that he decided to remain as the team's head coach for the final two games of the season because "I wanted to finish what I started—what we started."[139]

Also this article straight from Harbaugh's mouth:

Harbaugh: I didn't leave 49ers, they left me

#33 Carp, Feb 9, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2022
  4. Afc46

Afc46 Oilers/Titans HoFer

The Bears Tecmo Super Bowl starting QB.

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Congrats to JRob and Vrabel. Maybe Vrabel will chill out with the "getting too cute for his own good" nonsense in the near future and get this team to the promised land.

6. 10ECTyrant

10ECTyrant What! Tip Jar Donor

its the Oilers/Titans way

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Man you are really trying to defend this point lol it’s not that big of a deal. I mean just because something has never happened before (even though it has) doesn’t mean it won’t ever happen.

Vrabel is an alum, was born in Ohio, and truly cares about making an impact on his players. College is a great place to do that. I didn’t say think it was going to happen just that it’s been a worry of mine. He’s clearly going to be here a while.

8. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

I think Vrabel is too much of a "student of the game" to go to college. For all of the seemingly dumb **** that he's done, he's pretty brilliant when it comes to Xs and Os and rules manipulation. That's generally more of an NFL coaching quality than college. College is more about recruiting and getting young guys to play to their potential.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Hormesis

Hormesis Pro Bowler

Vrabel will be in the NFL until he cuts off his Schmeckel, or dies trying.

• LOL LOL x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar