Titans expected to franchise tag RB Derrick Henry

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I just don't get the Conklin hype.

2. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

I understand that. But it's not about avoiding injury. It's more about not trying to play for a team who you think probably isn't committed to you long term.

I may have worded it wrong.

3. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

Yeah, I get that. Motivation for team conflicts with motivation for that next big deal.

4. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

He's decent part of the time but easily replaced, imo. Not someone I'd get upset about if they let him walk without even offering a deal. Obviously they didn't feel too great about him or he'd be on his 5th year option now.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

If I’m the Titans I get a deal done with Henry as soon as possible....I want the hype of keeping the team together that actually brought excitement to Nissan stadium....now is the time to try and get new season ticket holders and new corporate sponsors.....paying Henry a little more than you would want will pay dividends in the long run....give the man a 3 yr 45mil dollar deal....if you don’t then the franchise tag and threat of a holdout will dominate the offseason talk...you don’t want that bad vibe...you want positive talk about the direction of the franchise

6. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Henry got the tag

8. Gridiron Gun

Gridiron Gun Starter

It mostly just centers around there not being better options. Conklin is young, really good, and already has chemistry with our current O-line. Only reason not to keep him is money.

He's not elite, or one of the greatest to ever play the position, but he's better than anyone else available and a draft pick is a gamble. Why go through that if you don't have too? I can't understand the people who on here that want to disrupt our line on a hope and a dream.

9. SalmonSlayer

SalmonSlayer Pro Bowler

Henry got screwed! Tagging him probably going to upset him. He will give half effort now. I hope not.

10. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

Just like you said..."He is not elite" and thus you don't pay him elite money which is what he wants...we could sign Kelly for half the price and he has continuity and has played LT and RT....then you draft a guy who competes for the RT spot and who might have the skill set to move to LT in the future to replace Lewan

I'd rather us spend our extra money on getting an impact player that plays at a position that is harder to find later in the 1st.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar