Titans Eternal's Dream Come True (we gots Weeden!)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by The Hammer, Oct 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Interesting how I am reading things outside of this forum that claim the Titans are racists for not signing Kaepernick. The organization that signed Moon, McNair, and Young. More starting African-American QBs than any team I know of. AND our current QB is a brown man. Go figure.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

People who think Titans are racist are silly, I mean come on.... Look at the roster

3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Probably holds true for the entire NFL unless there's a 100% white roster I'm missing.

4. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

The Browns & Steelers have had more starting african-american QBs

5. Zack3000

Zack3000 Special Teams Standout

Per Rotoworld...

;Pro Football Talk reports the Titans worked out free agent QBs Brandon Weeden, Matt Barkley, Matt McGloin, and T.J. Yates on Tuesday.

Marcus Mariota appears to be truly questionable for Week 5 with a hamstring injury, so it makes sense for the Titans to bring in a few insurance options. If Mariota cannot go, Matt Cassel will get the start. It will be a big downgrade for Tennessee's skill players and a massive upgrade for the Dolphins DST.;

Either the hamstring is more than they are letting on. But to sign weeden. I no care . If Cassel get hurt we got the same QB.

Why no Tanney. I'm sorry if he was signed by another team. But at least he knows some players on this team.

If no Mariota

Would have rather a QB from training camp. Than a guy holding clipboard. Cassel gonna suck so bad he will fake injury.

Weeden will play on Sunday

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Not sure they had the sustained starts the Titans had. I mean as the clear undisputed starter. I know on and off teams have had guys who started, but mostly spot starts. At any rate, it is silly to tag the Titans with the racist label.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Steelers really? They've had like 3 Quarterbacks in 1000 years.

Browns probably by default since they start 16 QBs a year.

8. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

only time will tell but vy winning percentage so far was a lot better

• Pigeon Bomb Pigeon Bomb x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. MariGOATa

MariGOATa Starter

He hasn't improved as a passer since his 2012-2013 seasons as a starter. Those were, statistically, his best seasons as a passer. Since then he has regressed. TD/INT ratio isn't a great indicator for a QB that throws as little as he does. Especially when he often runs with the ball instead of making a throw into a tight window or a high-risk throw.

He isn't a very good QB. People used to cherry pick Tebow's stats too. meh

People are also still chasing Kaep's SB run before he started regressing the next season. All Kaep has done is regress as more and more tape is put out on him over the years. Can't believe how much he is talked about on the radio. Every sports talk show spends at least 30-60min per 3 hour stint on Kaep. Not only is Kaep not a very good QB, he is a polarizing figure. Tebow had a similar situation and it only took Chip and Belichick cutting him for everyone to finally shut up. Tebow just wasn't a talented QB. Same goes for Kaep. Is signing Kaep worth the rest of the baggage he brings? Only if he were actually an above average or better QB.

10. ICBW

ICBW MILF Hunter

i love how the underlying message in this post is most of you have no problem with cassel being the back up QB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar