Titans enter into contract talk with Jurrell Casey

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

Wasn't it a Rams forum that hack attacked us a few years ago and shut us down for a few days?

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

I think Fisher saw the VY thread and put in a call to have the site shutdown.

• High Five High Five x 2
  3. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

They are using a cheaper version of the software ;)

And I think part of the reason we were able to talk so long to them is we have so much in common when it comes to frustrations :p

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I hate Rams :slap:

5. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[​IMG]

Titans defensive lineman Jurrell Casey has a new look, and he’s hoping for a new contract to go with it.

According to Jim Wyatt of the Tennesseean, Casey’s reps are talking to the Titans about a new deal, though nothing appears imminent at the moment.

Casey was a revelation last year, with 10.5 sacks at defensive tackle. He’s dropped 15 pounds (down to 290-ish) in hopes of playing even quicker, since he’ll likely move outside more in the Titans’ hybrid 3-4 defense this year.

“It’s a new season, a new goal,” Casey said. “Even if I would have made [the Pro Bowl] last year I still have to go out there and prove I can do it again another year.

“At the end of the day I still have to go out there and compete and get to the Pro Bowl and All-Pro as many times possible.”

He’s a tremendous bargain at the moment, making $1.431 million in the final year of his rookie deal.

[​IMG]

6. JCBRAVE

7. JCBRAVE

8. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I'd imagine nothing gets inked until mid season depending on how he plays.

9. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

We would be wise to lock him up before he takes his first snap in a 3-4. The last pre-emptive Titan contract that comes to mind is J-Mac, which has turned out well! Lock up Casey at a reasonable price right now!

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar