Titans Draft Pick Poll Update

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TitanJeff, Apr 11, 2012.

?
  1. Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  2. Stephon Gilmore, CB, South Carolina

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  3. Whitney Mercilus, DE, Illinois

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Nick Perry, DE, Southern Cal

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

7 vote(s)
    18.4%
  6. Devon Still, DT, Penn State

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  7. None of the above (reply in the thread)

8 vote(s)
    21.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I've thought the whole time it'll be Mercilus or Perry.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Those are both options, but realize we have our 2 starters at DE.

3. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

I think we go BPA so idk who that could be.

Why draft a DE if we have two starters tho, thats what I think is thoughtless

4. pettso

pettso Starter

What position would we draft a starter at (that's worth a 1st round pick)?

We like to rotate our D-Line and we need more capable bodies there. Getting a good rotational guy is almost as good as getting a starter there. Morgan also hasn't shown much and I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't show anything this year.

Munchak himself said it will be a heavy defensive draft - we have our starting DBs, have our starting LBs. We could likely replace Smith at DT with a rookie that would start. If its defense, I almost guarantee its a DE or DT.

I'm fine with going BPA, but I'm fairly confident that'll be a WR. Do you think we pick a WR? I wouldn't be surprised personally but most people on this board are against that.

5. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

How would WR be BPA though? Unless Floyd or Wright fall to us I can't see Hill being the best available.

• High Five High Five x 1
  6. FLA Titans Fan

FLA Titans Fan The GM

If knoz is there that BPA starter. Barron would be a starter without a doubt if we took him at 20. Concidering the fact that we play the nickle alot if we took a CB he would see the feild more then any rotational Dline.

I wouldnt mind taking a DT tho. I think Cox is a force in the middle

7. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Mayock drops Coples down to 50th overall and says he wouldn't draft him in the first two rounds. Jerel Worthy jumps up inside the top-20, ahead of guys like Poe, Brockers and the second-tier defensive ends.

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8283e3a5/Mike-Mayock-s-top-100-players-preview?module=HP11_hot_topics"]NFL Videos: Mike Mayock's top 100 players preview[/ame]

Jerel Worthy one-on-one
    [ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-draft/09000d5d8283e2ba/Jerel-Worthy-one-on-one?continuous=true"]NFL Videos: Jerel Worthy one-on-one[/ame]

8. patitansfan10

patitansfan10 Camp Fodder

I said Brockers of those listed with Dre being second. Floyd would be my dream pick however teams would not be able to handle him and Britt and you don't pass up on a prospect that good.

I would not be mad if we went Worthy but he seems boom or bust but I like Rocker and Millard to coach up whoever we draft.

My reasoning for Brockers is potential. Huge and very stout versus the run with the ability to disrupt passing lanes from day 1. He isn't the best pass rusher but Keith Millard is known for that so he would be in good hands. He is more athletic on tape than he showed at the combine and is very young. The kid will only get stronger and better as he grows and matures.

Plus him standing next to stubby Casey in the middle would be funny as hell.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mayock has sucked for a few years.

Lately it seems he just tries to pick random garbage players and shun great players so he'll look like he knows what he's talking about.

As a Michigan fan I've always liked/hated Worthy. But he's not on Coples' level.

10. J Falk

J Falk Starter

I'm beginning to like the thought of getting Kirkpatrick more and more. This is obviously with the assumption that we don't trade for Asante. The guy's another Courtland Finnegan except he's huge! He would fit right into what Courtland was doing; jamming guys at the line and hitting hard. I also believe he's big enough and fast enough to be able to cover almost any WR in the NFL if he's willing to learn. At one time he was considered a top 5 pick. I'm not really sure what sent his stock down, but I think the Titans could very well be eyeing him, just like they did with Jake Locker as his stock fell.

With that said, I've never had such a difficult time deciding who I want our team to draft. First I said Mercilus, then Perry, then Barron, then Still, then Cox, and now Kirkpatrick...lol, so many good options for us...I know our coaches will find the best guy for our system, so I'm confident. I still believe Decastro or Coples would be no brainers if they fell to us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar