Titans Degressing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

or this..

[​IMG]

2. SwingOnDeezBalz

SwingOnDeezBalz Banger of Infant Horseys

Vince Young will be lucky to win a single playoff game in his career.

The Titans are talented enough to win the Division with a better passer. Problem is, they already made their bed by drafting so poorly.

2003: Took Andre Woolfolk when Nnamdi Asomugha was available.
    2004: Took Travis LaBoy when Bob Sanders was available.
    2005: Took Pacman Jones when Shawne Merriman was available.
    2006: Took Vince Young - OK, I would have traded this pick, but If I HAD to draft, I would have taken Joseph Addai, AJ Hawk, or Antonio Cromartie. If I was FORCED to draft a QB, it would have been Leinart or Cutler.
    2007: Took Michael Griffin - I would have used this year to draft my QB, and it would have been Brady Quinn.
    2008: Took Chris Johnson - (jury's still out) but i wouldn't have reached for Johnson in the 1st. I would have either taken Dustin Keller TE-Purdue, or Lawrence Jackson DE-USC.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

No one has a perfect draft. I wouldn't have traded a top 3 pick. VY was a good choice. Griffin will be a future pro-bowler while Quinn can't even beat out Anderson. CJ=??

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

This might be the stupidest post I have ever read.

What I would have done? Well gee, bravo Einstein on a hindsight draft.

5. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

Hindsight draft... :grrhee:

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

and how many years did it take for peyton manning to get that first post-season win?

7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

:biglaugh:
    Do you even watch the Titans play?

8. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

03-05 drafts did suck- no 2 ways about it. We were also in cap hell so we really have been lucky not to pull a more serious dive.

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Ouch.
    And put him in our 3 safety defense? Actually, he wouldn't do nearly as well in our system where he would have to cover more and couldn't play the run as much.
    Both are talented knuckleheads. We had a bigger need at corner. PacMan turned out to be PacMan, wile Merriman is one urine test away from a one year suspension. What a terrible draft this was.
    Addai? At 3? :ha: :rolleyes: Put him outside the Colts system and he wouldn't be anything special. Again, no real need at OLB, especially since we signed Thornton. I'd rather have VY than Cromartie, Leinart or Cutler.
    :ha: Griffin was a great pick. Quinn could not beat out Frye.
    A TE? In addition to a 3 safety defense, why don't we play a 3 TE offense? Jackson was good because he played at USC.

10. mdfan

mdfan Starter

The Titans have made some bad draft choices, but if the Titans are talented enough to win the division with a better passer - where did they get the talent, I know it wasn't all through free agency

BTW - I've bookmarked this thread so that I can include Swings post in at least one Vince Young is Lucky Thread on coltfreaks sometime in the next few seasons :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar