Titans Degressing?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by oilerstruck, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

Stop digressing with all this regressing talk.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

D-Gressive - The oppositive of O-Gressive. An NFL term used for Defensive Agression. Used in a sentence. The Titans have not been D-Gressive since 2000, but they have a plan, or some version of a plan, which no fan has ever seen, heard of, or been witness to, but that Fisher believes exists, in some imaginary world of his. Canadian Football League pronuciation - De'-Gressieve.

3. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

what I liked was Faulk's analysis of the 2001 Matt Walsh tapes. :grrhee: Now that was funny. I could almost hear the gears in his mind grinding over how he was robbed of another Super Bowl ring. lol.

Back to topic, the idea of Dinger coming here being a step backward for Vince, the team... pfft... that is straight bunk. I don't believe a bit of that nonsense. We are going to be amazed what we see come fall. Yes, amazed... This kid Johnson, watch out... The short pass and screen game is going to be wild. LenDale will be fine even if he does look like he's a ho-ho shy of 300 lbs... Our OL is tight... one word... DA CRUMP!!! :banana:

If our defense plays like we know they can... the FREAK comes back and performs... Tully makes strides at MLB.. Finny looks good... Hope gets back from the injury.. Damn... things look great...

So **** Faulk. He's a Titan hater anyways... How could he not be considering '99 and all... If I won a SB over one club I'd knock 'em too... so screw him and the Ram he rode in on.

4. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

Actually, I caught the whole thing on the radio and made a couple of quick notes. Basically, Faulk said we would regress because Vince Young would take a step back under Heimerdinger. Faulk said if he wasn't getting it before under Chow, it was going to be a lot more difficult under Heimerdinger. He said VY would hold the Titans back in 2008.

Then Adam Schefter came to the rescue.

"Everyone counts out the Titans every year. But every year Jeff Fisher finds a way to make the team ultra-better." That is a direct quote. "Ultra-better."

Schefter went on to point out that Vince regressed last year from ROY season in 2006. Also mentioned the Titans obviously went with Heimerdinger for a reason and that he liked the way the team was shaping. I believe there was some mention of the running game and the Chris Johnson addition that was also positive.

This all came about from breaking down the AFC South and Faulk said you could almost immediately throw out the Titans from the discussion. The two spent most of the time discussing our team, but both agreed in the end that everyone still had to beat the Colts.

Aside from Rick Gosselin and Mike Lombardi, Schefter just broke through IMO as a major supporter, and he's the most visible of the three. It was a good segment.

On the other hand, Schefter did say he thought the Texans running game would be good, and Ahman Green and Chris Brown would surprise with Alex Gibbs over there.

5. wplatham

wplatham U of M Class of 2012

I will be surprised if either of them is still playing by week 8. :grrhee:

6. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

I will be surprised if either of them is still playing by week 4. :grrhee:

7. GLinks

GLinks Second Gear

And I will be surprised if either makes week one. There.

Wait. Where's the Grrhee? :grrhee: Ah. There it is.

Steve Slaton, week one. :suspect:

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

Titans will win the division. Okay I don't know for sure I just have a feeling. Young, White, Johnson, Roos, Crumpler, Kearse, KVB, Al, Bulluck, Hope, Bironas. This team just reminds me of the Titans Super Bowl team. I know it's just a feeling but it's a good one.:thumb:

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

And here's another source that expects us to fall apart:

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=20080613

Then again, this is the same thing that projected us to go (drumroll) 3 and 13 last year!

http://www.whatifsports.com/beyondtheboxscore/default.asp?article=20070615

10. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:ha:.. this is what came to mind..

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar