Titans Defense

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans2004, Oct 7, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

nothing consistent even within a game...

take sunday for instance... there was that drive late 3Q early 4Q where Titans were totally fine with tarpkitties scoring as long as they were grinding the clock... 100% convienced of that. Cause Titans were just gonna hand the rock to DH22 if they did get it back up 3 scores in the 4Q guranteed

my point is they did not even attempt to assert themselves until the field jags inside Titan 20

I know its 'smart football' but I hate to see the lack of aggressiveness in the D.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

You can pinpoint a lot of defensive struggles due to the 2017 draft. The Titans skipped over superstars such as Lattimore, White and Watt. Corey Davis and Adoree Jackson were flops.

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
  4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I guess they might be a little gun shy of giving up a big play which is what beat us in the Jets game. So the bend but don't break makes sense. We do need to stop the run a little better, obviously, but we didn't have guys running wide open for scores.

Evans seems to be regressing. Had an off year last year but has been worse this year. Might be time to get Rice some reps. Not sure how an inside LB could regress. Rarely see that.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Except that Davis and Jackson are actually good players that signed good contracts. Without the squeezed CAP and the desire to add pass rush (Dupree-Autry) we might have kept one or both. We can play that childish game all day long picking guys we should have drafted in hindsight.

Heck, if you really want to go mental we could have had both Watts since we passed on both. Should have drafted Brady as well.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • LOL LOL x 1
  6. Chad81

Chad81 Starter

Good players =/ all-pro caliber players. Davis was paid out of potential not results on the field he had never even broken the 1k mark after he was a Top 5 pick. When you pick a player in the top 5 you're not looking for good, you're looking for great. Lattimore is one of the best corners in the NFL and White has been a standout. Watt is one of the best pass rushers. The Titans have lacked in both of those areas.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

I don't deny we should have taken Lattimore and Watt. My point is that it is easy to make that judgment 4-5 years later. Watt lasted until pick 30 so I guess EVERY team was moronic for passing on him. Many people including 29 GMs missed it. When the Adoree pick came up there wasn't a consensus that White was a far superior player either. White is the 57th rated CB per PFF, below Jackson and 66 others.

As for the Davis pick I do think JRob went too much for need and with that pick should have taken the best defensive player on the board. If Davis is still around later fine. Not a good draft for WRs especially early.

But the "flop" remark is ridiculous. There are a whole bunch of guys picked in the first round of that draft that really are flops.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  8. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Um, CD and Adoree both just signed $35+ million dollar contracts. To say either is a bust is absurd.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  9. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Not saying they are busts but not sure you can judge them on the contracts they sign
    Sam Bradford signed many huge contracts and did nothing

10. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Nobody has ever consolidated like us before, we're just going with fense this year. It's like moneyball. Just a new way to do things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar