Titans decline Rashaan Evans 5th year option; hope for extension

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dman5TX, May 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitanWally

TitanWally Starter

Bit different, Evans hasnt sniffed pro bowl/ all pro level play.

This was a fairly easy choice for us to make.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  2. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I'm pretty confident that will happen.

• LOL LOL x 6
  3. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

Yall are making up those character issues

4. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

Unless he drops the name Brown and does the Prince thing ;)

5. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

Did you not see?!?!?!?!?!?! He had a friend that had a picture taken with money! He's clearly a monster!

• LOL LOL x 3
  6. Young54

Young54 Starter

I don't necessarily disagree with the choice but I don't agree with your assessment. I think we forget how well he played in 2019. I'm not saying he deserved to be a pro-bowler, he didn't, but I think we can say he "sniffed" it. Definably going in the right direction.

111 tackles, 9 for a loss, 2.5 sacks, 7 hurries, 2QB knockdowns, and... no ejections

He added another 18 tackles and 3 TFL in the playoffs

He did struggle in coverage and with missed tackles. I must say... I am very surprised to see that he actually improved in both categories this season. He went from 17 missed tackles (13.3%) in 2019 to just 3 (3%) in 2020. That's crazy good. He went from giving up 112.5 passer rating to 87.1 with 5 PBUs. Decent.

I think the loss of Tyron McKenzie and Dean Pees played a large role in Evans, Brown, and Long not playing on the same page. Again, the whole D was off.

All this to say, I'd be fine with paying him $9.75 for the 5th year option, but I'm also fine declining it.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. nbtoppers2

nbtoppers2 Pro Bowler

Paul is that you?

What have I said on here like 20 times? PK is a chode

• High Five High Five x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

He drafted Evans. Would that just make him even?

9. Titanoiler51

Titanoiler51 Starter

I can think of one so far that was out of the league in a year. All but one of his first round picks are starters in the league still. And a large number of his later round picks have hit. JRob can definitely find talent.

10. 615nick

615nick Starter

Idk why Evans is pegged as just an ilb. I really like the way long has played, now we bring in rice (obviously the titans love him), let Evans do a little olb/pass rushing. Use him in different ways and see if it works out. He was moved around a lot at Alabama and we should try it out imo. We have a good Ilb in brown, 2 "good" guys outside of Evans that can play Ilb, try something different!

I'm excited about these additions on d. This is going to be a very different team this year. Everybody put a little bread on the titans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar