Titans D Better? Too Early to Know

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by goTitans.com, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goTitans.com

goTitans.com A living legend. Staff

SUMMARY: Though many want to call the Titans defense much improved since last season, Titans defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz says it's too early to reach that conclusion. “Don’t judge us on two games,” Schwartz said. “Everybody wants to say we’ve improved and everything else. We’re going to be judged on a 16-game season. It’s a long haul and we’re not in the mood for patting ourselves on the back yet. We haven’t done anything yet.” Titans LB Keith Bulluck feels the Titans D will make a significant jump in the rankings this season. “We have a little more chemistry,” Bulluck said. “We got to play a whole season together last year and make a lot of mistakes and a lot of good plays. At the end of the season, we didn’t come out where we wanted to be. We were dead last, and we knew we were better than what we showed. We’ve kind of made it one of our missions to go up at least 22 spots.”

View full article
    What do you think about this story? post your comments below.

2. wg53

wg53 Starter

Lamont gone, Sirmon gone, Hill no longer starting....yes we are greatly improved over last year.

3. GOFIGURETITANS

GOFIGURETITANS Pro Bowler

I'll second that...:ha:

4. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

We can add in the fact that Starks was a starter at DT and now is maybe the #4 guy. We are also better and more healthy at DE. Our woes at DE really hurt the defense last year. Assuming we are better at MLB as well and I'd say the front 7 is improved by a significant margin.

5. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Hell if there is any indication that we got better it's that we actually sacked/hit/ and pressured Gayton Manning. As our sack numbers go up, so will our INTs. I just can't wait until one way or another Griff is put on Defense soemwhere corner, safety it really doesn't matter, but the kid needs some experinece on D, he's a playmaker.

6. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

I think we are def improved, I just wish our CB were a tad bit better. Time will tell....

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Our defense is clearly better than 12 months ago. The most concrete evidence of that is against the run.

Last year when teams would run on us, when everyone in the stadium knew they were going to run, including our defense - we couldn't stop it. Now we can - and we have shown that in both our games so far. I think one of the biggest changes we have made is moving KVB to RE and having a healthy Odom at LE. When Travis LaBoy and Bulluck were together on the right side of our defense, teams could run that way at will, because both are undersized and can be nullified against the run by good blocking. Switching KVB to the right makes a huge difference to our run D.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

We're 24th against the pass after two games.

Playing Manning in one of those makes the pass D look worse than what it really is. As Simon & Fisher get up to speed our pressure will only improve.

Adam Jones returning to the team likely won't alter the secondary line straight away but he will walk straight into the return game.

Things are looking up.

9. Slackmaster

Slackmaster Starter

Adam Jones does not return to the team this year.

10. ammotroop

ammotroop Airforce MAN

Slack, I think he might....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar