Titans cut Julio Jones (post-June 1 designation)

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Dirk Diggler, Mar 16, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I look forward to KY bringing this up every few minutes during every game.

• High Five High Five x 3
    • LOL LOL x 1
  2. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I agree it wasn’t Jones playing us. It was a combination of lack of analytical evaluation of an older player who had a sustained injury issue and seeing him the the lens of what he used to be as a player. We gave up too much and paid him too much given his injury vs his ability to sustain productivity.

3. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

Yes, and the frustration fans feel when the majority opinion proves to be right. I didn’t want him at that price at the time because I was skeptical of his health. As I was with Dupree and still am with Farley. It looks like Dupree turned the corner, but otherwise, I still feel you must show better critical thinking skills when you are so close.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

We had the culture we Floyd Reese and the first Titans core. We cap hell'ed our way out of it in combination with Bud's slow demise. The culture died on the vine as the franchise went stale in '03-18.

JRob is just a slightly above average GM. I don't mind he went all in on some FA gambles. You almost have to do that now unless you have elite draft pick skill and FA clairvoyance. I feel bad for JRob because playoff bed chitter Tannehill ruined what JRob had built as the all or none run. And now the franchise is in spin control to try and pretend the window hasn't shut.

We don't have draft picks, we don't have a QB, we don't have a TE. We're a wildcard team at best. We DO have a decent head coach although he is primarily a player's coach and not much of an administrator.

5. Carp

Carp Starter

Aside from injury, there wasn't anything wrong with Julio Jones this year. He was open plenty of times and Tannehill couldn't get him the ball. That's on Tannehill. There's plenty of evidence on tape of Julio Jones still beasting it at times. Watch him go to KC or GB or Tampa and ball out.

6. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Back to 2020 style except TE.

7. HurrayTitans!

Except when the game was on the line and he was sitting with the fans.

• LOL LOL x 1
  8. HurrayTitans!

Dupree. Coming off ACL tear, could have easily been a waste. Just an example
    The draft every year is a gamble.
    Tons of other FA have worked out well.

The shame of the Julio situation is more the titans WR curse. Percentage wise around the league, The lack of WR success in Tennessee is just staggeringly low compared to just about every other team. Titans just have a team where WR can’t win.
    Historically
    AJ Brown
    Delanie Walker as TE
    Kendall Wright (sort of)
    Nate Washington
    Arguably Kenny Britt
    Drew Bennett
    Derrick Mason

That’s 20+ years of “success” at WR.

• Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  9. HurrayTitans!

“Pro” is arguable.
    WCW lived and died by the four horsemen and the one story line that happened to be the greatest storyline in wrasslin history.
    Russo is absolutely garbage and bischoff killed WCW.

10. KyTitansFan

KyTitansFan GM of GoTitans

Enjoy that playoff loss because of idiotic play calling? When you’re right, you’re right. Or you can continue with your false hope and wondering why you can never win a Super Bowl doing things the way you do them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar