Titans Cut Four to Get to 75...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by GoTitans3801, Sep 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

true, but a number of things could have played a role in what Ringer did compared to Henry. Neither has had much playing time. Ringer should also get a ton of carries. lets see if he is really good or got lucky with some oline holes. we just dont know untill they get more snaps.

Look how bad CJ has played this preseason, does than mean he sucks or didnt have good running holes? But We know CJ doesnt suck cause he was the feature back last season.

I think we wasted several years on Henry, instead of making him play a whole game to see what we need to see we just tested him in preseason each year then benched him for the season.

2. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

it's no surprise to me that Guice didn't make it. We fall in love with people in the offseason because there is nothing else noteworthy to talk about. He's another Biren Ealy. Plain and simple.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

did guice even have a catch in a game this pre-season?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Chris Henry would make a mean fullback, he already knows how to run into people.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

did he even play?

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

He played very little but made a good catch best I can remember. Why cut him when Paul Williams is consistently useless, at least give these new guys a chance ffs.

It seriously pisses me off when we keep these guys here for 3-4 years because we keep hoping they do something miraculous and in the mean time we sit here and cut new guys without ever giving them a chance to prove what they got in actual games.

7. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

The problem is he runs into his own teammates most of the time...

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

If he even can't impress more than PW in camp, then he's not worth wasting ressources on.

9. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Actually I think there is a decent chance Guice and Mulligan get a shot at the PS. There is a startegy in cutting those guys first. Other teams may over look them assuming they suck because they went in the first cut which makes the odds better we can retain them on the PS later. I doubt that Guice getting cut before Paul Williams demostates they like him better than Guice. Mulligan might be worth keeping on the PS in case we have an injury at TE and if they see some potential in him for next year when it is possible both Scaife and Crumpler are gone.

Comments about Stevens being a possible cut are ridiculous.

Little never seemed like he regained the wiggle and quickness he had in college after the knee injury and with Ringer and Ganther there simply wasn't room for him.

C. Henry and P. Williams will most certainly be cut. We do need some bodies to play Thursday.

The negative comments on Ganther are off as well. He is a decent backup RB running the ball and catching the ball as well as blocking and can play FB if needed. He also is worthy because of his STs play. I wouldn't say his roster spot is 100% because he could get cut because of numbers but he is a decent player.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Stevens is pretty safe.

He and Cook are the Tight Ends next season. Crumpler is out of contract as is Scaife. We probably won't keep either of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar