Titans cut Adoree Jackson and Dennis Kelly

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TorontoTitanFan, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I know we often talk about it for the high profile players and production players but do OL have the potential to improve or decline based on the team around them as well?

I only suggest this because while it does appear Conklin made a full recovery from his ACL based off last season, not his previous (and last) in tenn but did his situation in Cleveland possibly help in a way that he wouldn’t have performed that highly had he be re-signed here?

2. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

I agree with keeping Adoree if cap room allowed it. I think he also played a more needed role for Tennessee than Davis as far as replaceable/just not needed. We still need a CB, I think we’re ok at WR (not great, but ok)

3. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Of course you can sign a guy to a contract a year after you declined the 5th year option. If the player is good in year four the 5th year option is going to give them less money so while their feelings might be hurt Conklin and Davis ended up better off and Adoree got cut on his 5th year (they could have given Conklin his 5th year and cut him if he wasn't worth it). True as well that they might have offered Conklin a contract and he declined.

Again, I'm fine with saving money on the CAP and signing Kelly to a $6 mil contract but to them turn around and use a 1st round pick on a RT is where I'm puzzled. If RT is that valuable just keep the guy you know is one of the best RT in the league.

Either way it doesn't matter now. JRob totally screwed the pooch. He let Conklin go, signed Kelly and then cut him (4 mil dead CAP). He signed two duds as edge rushers to big one year contracts. Then he used a first round pick on a RT that has the brains of a peanut.

4. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

We don’t know if JRob went into the draft targeting RT. He may have felt he was the BPA when they picked and knew he’d have a season to groom him before replacing Kelly this season and having RT set for the next four or more.

If JRob had the chance to do it all over again, he’d do it differently just as he’d want a do-over if Davis goes on to be a beast and whoever he drafts to replace him busts.

5. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Still stuck on that same logic I see. How about we let Davis go, sign Reynolds to a 3 year contract and still draft a WR and cut Reynolds in a year (costing us $4 mil in dead money)? Or maybe that is a bad example since we also cut our slot WR.

Not sure I can fully agree that we took the BPA with the RT. Seemed like a reach to me even if he had more than a peanut brain. Procrastinators gave us a break because we were a ground and pound running team but in reality we pickled a kid we might have had in the 2nd round (59th ranked per CBS).

Keep arguing like you are JRob's boy friend.

6. Rwill

Rwill Pro Bowler

Seems you are letting this debate get to you. Maybe you should take a step back, take a deep breath and remember it really isnt that big of a deal. What is done is done.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

I find your remark insulting to peanuts.

• LOL LOL x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar