Titans could keep 6 WR's

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Ontario Titan, Jul 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

Yeah you name 8 guys, but 3 of them aren't worthy of any catches when it counts, one is so off and on, one is always hurt, and the other is a rookie.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Cutting Wash opens up $4M in cap space, pretty enticing figures if Im a talented DE looking to only have to work 5-6 months.

3. JCBRAVE

And why are you guys clinging on to Washington, he's 170lbs, guy gets cracked in half almost every week.

I have no hard reasoning for this, but I think Washington is damaged goods, and when he takes a solid shot at 170, he's going to die.

I think hyping him up as still having "it" is all lip service by Munchak.

And he wont get traded because of lemon laws in most states, so we're gonna have to cut him if we want to spend that $4.2M he's due wisely.

4. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

man wtf

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

I bet the Pats would like to pick up Washington if he was available. Theres not exactly a lot of talent left as far as WRs are concerned in FA.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I'm guessing you are just looking for something to discuss and taking the minority view to do so.

Washington is the best and most consistent receiver we've had the last few years. Cutting him would be dumb.

• High Five High Five x 4
  7. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

I heard an interview with Mike Keith on the zone last week and he said he wouldn't be surprised if the Titans kept 7 WR's (he included Preston).

You gotta admit though, even though Washington takes a pounding at times, he always plays through it and plays hurt. We need more of that and his leadership on the team if nothing else.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. JCBRAVE

With what we know, yes, cutting him anytime soon would probably be foolish. But if any of what I said comes to fruition, he's expendable.

If it turns out Abraham would come here if we could top his deal off with the extra money we'd have from dumping Washington, and all the other WR's do well in preseason, I'd say do it, cut him. He may be our most consistent WR but thats not really saying much, he's still pretty average at the end of the day.

9. NewHorizans

NewHorizans Titans Ruckus (oYo)

Makes no sense why they left of Nate. He is clearly our #2 right now, maybe even #1 until we know that Britt is completely back. I think we brought in Walter to compete against Marini and at the time, we didnt know we were going to get Justin Hunter. Clearly either Walter or Marini or maybe even DWilliams could be cut by end of camp. But I completely understand why we want to have 6 in place with our injury history to WRs over the past 15 years.

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

Nate is better than Walter, but I think the difference in production between the two is not worth the 4 million we have to pay Nate to keep him. And if the Titans plan to cut him, a 6th or 7th sounds good, getting something out of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar