Titans Contacting Available WRs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Keeferdog, Aug 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cld12pk2go

cld12pk2go Starter

Fixed that for you. :yes:

2. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

There's no way a WR is going to lead this team in receptions. It will be a TE or a RB. put that on your sig.

3. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Nah, that's not bold enough. Well, Nine the evidence of your bold statement will live with every post I make. Hope you are right, or at least Hawkins right.

4. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

No there's not a better chance of finding a good receiver in later rounds. Do you know how many receivers get drafted from rounds 3-7 that are never heard from again? Tons. Yes theres a few who break through but the amount of receivers taken in the first two rounds pales in comparison to the amounts taken in 3-7. Do the math.

Who said anything about them being superstars? I'd just like a guy who can sniff 1000 receiving yards and score at least 5 TD. We don't even have that.

And Donnie Avrey was the best receiver in the draft?

Based on that fact alone I can conclude that guys like Devin Thomas, DeSean Jackson, and Limas Sweed were very under valued. I don't care what the GMs did, if you ask me half of them are idiots anyway.

Steve Smith also tore it up in the playoffs, I guess you forgot about that. He's also a budding star in this league where as Henry is a bust. But hey it's hindsight right? I mean who would think that a guy who averaged 3 YPC in college wasn't going to be any good? I guess not our GM who as we know is always right.

It's free agency, nobody is worth what their given but it's how things are workin now. You can fight it and hope it changes or just accept that this is how things will be from now on.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

suddenly it's rounds 1 and 2 now. Soon you'll add in round 3 and then 4.

Make a list of receivers taken in round 1 in the past 10 years and how many are in the league or were even good.

The chances of getting one in round 4 are just as likely as round 1.

Yeah, based on what? The whole one NFL game the 4 of them have played between them?

Arm chair quarterback is a wonderful thing.

By the way, link me to your mock draft and we will see how you went at the end of the year...that is if you had the balls to do one? Or you just a front runner like most of the big mouths behind a computer screen?

based on what? his 15 career catches?
    How'd he do yesterday?

lol and when Bernard Berrian is back on free agency in two years will you want him again?

You're not fine with mediocre but you want Bernard Berrian, Troy Brown types?

I think you're sooking just because we didn't get DeSean or Dwayne.

6. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Of course there are better chances of getting a good WR in rounds 2-7. There are 192 selections in those rounds. In round 1, there are only 32 selections.

I'm sure there are also more WRs in round 2-7 that NEVER contribute to a football team compared to WRs taken in round 1.

It takes balls to post a mock draft on a forum?

2 receptions, 15 yards.

So what? He's a very good and promising slot receiver for the Giants currently.

Don't you think it's a little possible that the WRs slid in the draft this year, because so many were rated similarly?

You can praise our GM and the professionals and how brilliant they are... but still the Oilers/Titans are without a superbowl for 42 seasons. (I'm also not very impressed to know that our 2nd and 3rd round picks last season are bench warmers.)

Bottom line, our WRs are near the worst in the league. We did nothing to improve them, unless you count McCareins, which I don't think is any improvement.

You'd think, since we drafted a mobile QB with issues passing, that it might be good if we got him a great target to help him out.

Clearly the front office believes we do not need that to succeed. I am hoping they are correct: that strong d and running the ball will be enough to take us to a superbowl. I fear they are wrong.

7. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

This is what I'm getting from it. It seems as though they think VY can't handle a #1 WR because VY isn't that good of a passer. So they spend their high picks on RB's and defense so they can reinforce the rest of the team. I think they're right at that point but they have to give VY someone to throw to. Gage and J-Mac as starting WR's isn't good. The past 3 years we've given VY:

David Givens- FA, injured during 1st game
    Paul Williams- 3rd, hasn't played yet
    Chris Davis- 4th, not much
    Joel Filani- 6th, cut
    Gage- FA, good stats last year
    Hawkins- 4th, rookie
    M. Williams- FA, no impact, cut
    Jonathan Orr- 7th, no comment
    C. Davis(2)- FA, cut
    Ealy- UDFA, like 1 catch I think

So that is most of the WR's we have given VY since he was drafted. Well most of the list. My point is that we have given VY nothing to work with. Look at our WR depth chart!

Gage- potential to be a 1 hit wonder after a new contract
    J-Mac- can he still play?
    Jones- can he stay on the field?
    Williams- hasn't played yet hopefully he can show us something
    Hawkins- I pray he will make an impact
    Davis- not a factor since he doesn't do kick returns anymore
    Ealy(PS)- he's on PS

If you want to count TE's go ahead. I'm talking about WR's.

8. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

I'm not going to go back 10 years as I don't have that kind of time. But you just can't back up that quote. In fact I challenge you to do so. There's about 35 receivers taken in each draft. Maybe 3 or 4 in the first round, and those are the best college players. That means you got 30 or so receivers left, who weren't as highly rated and you think that gives you a better chance? How has it worked for us so far? Our nickle and dime approach has given us nothing. Sure we can make fun of the lions for all their first round receiver picks but when it's all said and done they have Roy Williams and Calvin Johnson who trump anything we could ever hope to have.

Yea it doesn't take balls to do a mock draft. But I do one at the end of the year. I don't know what teams' weaknesses are yet and I haven't seen the college players yet or know who's coming out.

If you can't see that Steve Smith is a nice up and coming receiver I don't know what to tell you. There's not one single person who wouldn't want Steve Smith on this team if it meant getting rid of Chris Henry, well except maybe you.

No Chris Davis and Brandon Jones are what we have, last year Berrian scored 5 TD, that's more than half of the passing TD we had. With Gage as a #3, Berrian as a #2 and if we could find a #1 in the draft that's a pretty good group of receivers.

9. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Who exactly was #1 worthy in the draft???

and I wouldn't want to throw the kind of money the Vikings did at Berrian for a #2.

10. Eddyc85

Eddyc85 Go Bucks!

If you read the thread you would know who I would have wanted us to take.

And I wouldn't care what we payed for Berrian if he produces for us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar