Rumor Titans considering cutting Kevin Byard

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by KyTitansFan, Mar 15, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

[​IMG]

• LOL LOL x 2
  2. Titans2004

Titans2004 Pro Bowler

What do you mean Titans not honoring a re-structure? They paid Byard 8 more million in guaranteed money last yr… Byard was happy to make that money and avoid being cut last yr. He and the Titans were fully aware of what this would do to the future cap…

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  3. HurrayTitans!

HurrayTitans! Useless trivia knowledge champion

Sucks to see him go, but just ain’t got the cash for that.

the bigger issue I have is how willing the titans are for that dead cap space just for a small amount of usable cap space.

how long does the dead cap stick around? Is it just the next year?

4. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

The majority should come off at the end of the 2023 league year. For it to affect next season it would have to be post June 1.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  5. TexasTitanFan

TexasTitanFan Starter

Yeah, I was just confused about what was done with his restructure. For some reason I was thinking it pushed money back and then the team decided not to pay. My bad.

6. Chronos

Chronos Pro Bowler

It could also be hogwash and not a conversation the Titans have had with Byard.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Titansfan12

Titansfan12 Starter

Byard is one of the best Titans all time. Don’t want to see him go and not sure it’s worth it with so much dead cap.

But he deserves to end his career on contenders and we need to spend that kind of money on a corner instead of a safety in the secondary.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Yea, it's a one year hit then it's gone.

9. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

Then bye, I love the guy but he making too much for a safety. Market will not treat him well this year

10. Young54

Young54 Starter

Pretty sure restructures are in the player's best interest anyway. They get guaranteed money upfront and usually a longer "term". Whether they get cut or not, they still get paid, and I'm pretty sure they get more than what the pre-restructure was.

Finically, it would actually be best-case-scenario if Byard was cut. Someone else would pay him a fair salary and the Titans would still owe him the dead money. I don't think it makes sense for any player to reject a restructure (unless it's a pay cut of course).

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar