Titans @ Colts Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Dec 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

The way I saw it, it was about to be Titans Starters 14 Colts Starters 3 before the fumble. And that was with the Colts playing really well.

2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

I was thinking more and more about the end of the game, and I think Dungy felt it was a show of sportmanship that the Titans were kneeling. Not kicking the FG, and not risking a Colt injury when they clearly could have. And so he chose to do the same by not calling the TO. I have to give Fisher credit for that. It was sort of genius.

3. CheeseheadTitan

CheeseheadTitan Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

If we played the 49ers or Dolphins right now, we would win by less than 6 points. I think that if we played Vanderbilt we would win by less than 6 points. Fisher's teams in the past (and especially this team) really plays to the level of competition. You could even see it last night. We were playing dead up (and were leading) the defending world champions, who were trying to condense a whole game into 1-1/2 quarters. When they left, we slowed down also.

I believe that LW and CB were held out partly due to the fumbles, but also partly due to Fisher looking ahead to next week. The Colts second teamers were going nowhere in a hurry on the field, so why should we risk injury to our top skill players as well?

I am happy....we are going to the playoffs (better than I predicted at the beginning of the season) and we get another shot at Ferriman and the whining Chargers, which I have been hoping for since the first meeting. I expect next week to be a hard hitting and highly contested game. We have a chance to win, but it will be tough. One good thing though....Haynesworth will probably be more effective in the sunny and warm outdoors in San Diego than he has been the last few weeks.

GO TITANS!

4. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

Not That Great!

We pulled this one by the hair of their chinni chin chin.We had a tough time against their second team of back ups! One good thing is that the WR'S pull anything their way,don't know what the hell was Lendale & Chris brown problem they looked awful.Once again Kerry Collins steps up and help the team when in need :yes: . Go Titans!

5. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

Enough with the whining.

We outgained them 356 yards to 194. Once Sorgi was in there they couldn't move the ball at all, so the smart thing to do was to control clock and not give them any short fields or cheap (turnover) points.

We had to win the game and we did. I couldn't give a rat's arse how many points we score. If we continue to hold teams to 10 points of less we have a chance to win games - particularly in the playoffs.

6. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Nice tidbit about Mawae. He was a good pickup as veteran leadership, it's good to see that he's taking on that role so well. We need some experience to guide this young team in the playoffs. I hope he can play next week without any bad snaps.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

KFC= Kerry Finisher Collins...!!!

9. Jwill1919

Jwill1919 Coach

Kerry Collins has looked GREAT when he has been in the game this year. I am much more afraid of the Titans imploding when Vince is on the field. The playbook seems to open up much more with KC, and the recievers respond nicely as well.

This is a different Chargers team than the one who played us 4 weeks ago, they are much hotter and have found a rhythm.

Also, last night's game was very physical, there was some serious hitting going on, and our players will be feeling the after effects for the rest of the week. Open your eyes CHenry, and I don't know how Michael Griffin is walking, let alone played the rest of the game after that hit with Reggie Wayne. The Colts made a statement last night, with their second and third team, they can play PHYSICAL defense and aren't afraid of anyone. Vince almost killed Scaife on that set up over the middle, please don't make that throw.

10. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Well said,I agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar