Titans claim Zack Cunningham

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanMark, Dec 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricky

Tricky Starter

I sure hope Landry is back. Cap is going up a ton…

2. Ontario Titan

Ontario Titan Pro Bowler

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Pro Bowler

I can't really see Landry not staying here. He's young. He's only a year older than Weaver. No one besides fans that expect everyone to be TJ Watt has ever said a bad thing about him. He's part of this team's glue. He makes effort plays, etc, etc, etc. And he seems to want to really be here long term.

I know that you have to take care of AJ next year and then Simmons gets an option next year and then is due a new contract, but you also have big contract expiring in the next few years. You cannot let Landry walk.

• High Five High Five x 2
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Hit the Target Hit the Target x 1
  4. Tricky

Tricky Starter

If I’m JRob, I prioritize guys like Landry, Simmons, AJB.
    Long term thinking…
    Henry and Tannehill should be here through 2023 and then may be gone. With the increased cap, we may be able to manage to keep this group together and add draft picks for the next 2 years. During that period, draft our replacements at QB and RB. If those picks hit we are set for another 4 years, and with tons of cap space freed up.

• Cheers Cheers x 2
    • High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I think Honor will see the money or be tagged.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  6. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

Exactly. This is his only year with significant production so the tag is a real possibility.

• Cheers Cheers x 1
  7. Broken Arrow

Broken Arrow Just a Fan....

Zack Cunnigham is on the team.

• LOL LOL x 1
    • Cheers Cheers x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mitch86

Mitch86 Pro Bowler

I honestly had no idea Cunningham played last week. Looks like he made some plays too...just that no one ever mentioned it so I didn't realize it was him. Lol

9. Carp

Carp Starter

I like Landry a lot. Been solid every year and finally reaching a peak in his contract year. That being said, he isn't an elite pass rusher. If he wants to be paid like one, I'd let someone else do it. I'd be ok with a Leonard Floyd type of deal. But that would be my max on him. If he's looking for 75 million or more, I let someone else pay him.

10. Carp

Carp Starter

Honestly, tagging Landry and trading him for a 1 or 2 sounds like a pretty good option. Ngakoue pulled the Jags a 2 and conditional 5th. Dee Ford also pulled the Chiefs a 2. I think we could absolutely get a 2nd rounder for Landry. This is a actually a very deep draft for Edge, so could potentially get a solid replacement in either round 1 or 2.

• Boring Boring x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar