Titans @ Chargers AFC Wild Card Playoffs Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Jan 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. utdtitans

utdtitans Camp Fodder

no collins was 0-3 last year. We went 10-6 and to the playoffs this year.

2. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

no but Vince played a big part in the fact that we have 70 yards of offense in the 2nd half

3. imbread

imbread Starter

well some weapons for him would be nice, we need to get albert sign and then please please get wr, i cant remember the last time we had a big name wr!

4. rock8titans

rock8titans Starter

BINGO

If you hold the Chargers to 17 points that should be close enough to have a chance at winning. Two field goals is an embarrassment. Did any oher team not score a TD this wekeend? Nope.

As much as I can't stand KFC, I bet he would've had a better shot at scoring a TD.

5. KamikaZ

KamikaZ Ex-Hall of Famer

San Diego is one of the hottest teams in the league, with an offense that is finally playing like it's talent level. They are good, and have a more complete team, playoff tested team than we do. Titans are a young, play-off experienced team, with injuries, who came limping into the playoffs. And we kicked the **** out of them in the first half on both lines of scrimmage. See I'm a fan of the team, and I applaud when they perform well. They had a terrible second half, got beat by a more talented team when the defense got tired and the Chargers adjusted. It happens, deal with it or just be miserable.

The team has issues, and hopefully they are adjusted. I just can't fathom the emotional reactions fans have to this when the team falls short. "Vince will never win a Super Bowl", ''This is the best defense we can hope for, and we still lose". Get a freakin' grip guys.

6. Titans256

Titans256 Starter

That's why you mix the run with the pass. 70/30. Or 60/40. That's how we overcame a 5-game losing streak in Vince's ROOKIE season.

When you try to make him play like Tom Brady with amateur receivers, this is what you get. 6 or 10 points per game. That is NOT 100% of the QB's fault. A lot of that blame goes on whomever forced him to play a totally different game with LESS weapons than he had in the previous season.

The coaching staff (mainly the coordinators) and front-office didn't improve off of last years team. They took players away and re-designed the offense.

But the idiots who lay most of the blame on Vince can't see the forest for the trees anyway, so what's the use of proving a factual point?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

7. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Vince went to war with 4 key persons on offense missing. And we still had a chance to win. Half the WR's out there had less than 5 catches on the season. Maybe even their career. Those critical of the offense, need to seriously consider their mental health, the team that took the field showed a lot of heart. They competed with San Diego's first string defense. And save a fumble, would have had a good chance to win. I doubt too many teams could have gone to war missing 2 OL and 2 receivers. And Givens. Yet, we did, and almost came out with a win.

The Defense played well. I have no serious problems with the way they played, considering too, that they were shorthanded. There were some broken plays. But those happen.

8. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Our Priority this off season should be offense.
    We have no weapons, and no one who knows how to call plays that score TD's.
    We know how to set up FG's. We've got a playoff defense. How many superbowls are won now days by a score of 9-6?

9. Tackhead #9

Tackhead #9 Harder, better, faster, stronger

I may be looking at things with rose-coloured glasses, but... We're a young team who made the playoffs. Not a whole lot of experience around, and years ahead to improve.

Took Steve McNair a while to become a credible passer too, and for now, we're winning despite Vince. When we lose a game (but hang in there for half of it) like we did against the Chargers, it isn't the end of the world. It's time for the FA to improve our lineup, and for the key guys to get better next year.

With no-name WRs and a much-maligned QB, a running back seen as too fat to go on ahead, a 1000+ yard rusher gone, two top receivers gone and our superstar CB suspended, we won ten games. Take it for what you will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar