Titans CB Nick Harper Had Lasik Eye Surgery

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by soopacee, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soopacee

soopacee I'm Blaine Bishop

Titans cornerback Nick Harper could blame his hands for not having more interceptions last season, but the bigger problem was his eyesight. Harper had LASIK surgery to correct his vision last month. He played all last season without the contacts that were prescribed for him, and paid for it. "I can tell a big, big difference. It's like night and day. I couldn't believe I was that blind,'' Harper said with a smile. "Now I should be able to catch some of those balls I dropped. That might've cost me going to the Pro Bowl. I think I dropped seven interceptions last year.''

2. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Now he should have feet replacement surgery so he won't get burned so badly this up coming season.

3. GMITTS

GMITTS WHY VY SHOULD BE OUR #3

just wondering...if the ball is in your hands...and you drop it. can you really blame your eyes?

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Of course, can you blame a blind person for dropping a ball?

In day time it is easier to see a ball, but at night it is horrible. I wear glasses and I can't tell who from who under lights at footy training.

5. GMITTS

but why wasnt he wearing his contacts?

6. eTitan81

eTitan81 Touchdown Titans

why in the hell would he go all season without any contacts if his vision was that bad?

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay we could all complain and criticize Harper for going blind last season, but what we should be doing is feeling good about this upcoming season with two wide eyed corners ready to shut people down.

8. GMITTS

yes we could complain and we will. i think we would like to know why he wasnt wearing his contacts when he was supposed to. think of the ways it could have changed the game.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Okay, fair enough your probably right. I too am wondering myself how this goes unnoticed til the other day. But fact of the matter is that its over and done with. If he played that well with bad vision, just think of how much more improved he should be now that he can clearly see. I remember Larry Fitzgerald saying he did eye exercises to become a better receiver. Now if Harper can see better than his game should take a step up also. He's a corner, and tracking the ball is fundamental. Now with good sight he wont give up big plays or miss those picks he claimed he could have caught. I like the idea of a falling star corner coming back into some form of his prime. We just need to hope Kerry Collins doesn't have a stroke mid November and keep it hush hush.

10. MOB-TARCIZ21

MOB-TARCIZ21 Camp Fodder

I agree don't bash Harper about last season....now he can see sharper than before so hopefully he plays better and with more confidence in himself

TAR

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar