Titans @ Bucs Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

Yet he successfully led us to 3 points in 3 quarters.. wow. I’m speechless.
    I wonder if the cows are ****ting their pants studying for this game or laughing at the double pancake Vince and White gave each other. When we punted as much as we did during the first half, you can’t help but wonder how much juice our D will have in them late in the fourth quarter.

Whats with the “in case you didn't see the game” bs?
    FYI.. I was at that game. Instead, I wonder if you watched the game since you seem to be confused as to some of the facts of the game.. like for example the 9 minutes from the third quarter which you removed from Vince’s playing time.

Another thing.. get your stats straight.. I’m not giving the tan duo more credit than they deserved, but it doesn’t take more than a couple of mouse clicks to see that our running backs had a little more than “less than the 2 ypc” which you referenced.. as a matter of fact their average was 3ypg. Nothing to write home about, but still 50% more than the average you mentioned. If you really only meant to single out LW, you’re still wrong as his average was 2.6, but I don’t see why you would single out Lenwhale and then mention our entire running game in the same post.

As much as I’m annoyed at our entire offense including Vince, I’m far from asking for his head. A little constructive criticism never hurt anyone.

We dominated the game clock, and snapped the ball 67 times compared to TB’s 46 and still only managed to score only 1 field goal until late in the fourth quarter. I wonder what Peyton or Romo would have done with 67 snaps.

It was clear since the first game of the season that Vince is working on his passing stats and trying as hard as he can to prove to everyone that he’s a passing threat. Why else would he look for a receiver in the end zone during the Jags game when he could have just taken a couple of steps forward and scored the touchdown himself. It felt like I was playing Madden and trying to improve my QB’s passer rating and WR’s catching rating by throwing for an easy TD instead of running it with the QB myself. In order for us to get back on track, VY should do what he does best and that is run run run! Run each and every chance you get. Terrorize the opponent’s defense. Leave them confused. There were far better passer’s during the draft yet we drafted VY for his scrambling threat. He will go back to scrambling soon enough, but he finally finds out that he’s an average passer it’ll be too late and we would already be in too deep a hole in the division to crawl our way back..

So yeah.. Although Harper should have stuck his head out his *** and done a better job guarding that 70 yard pass, I blame Vince and Chow this time... not Schwartz.

2. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Trip to Tampa to watch us lose. boo...

This is what I took away from the game:

1) Vince is in a slump.

2) Pacman could've won this game for us with one great return. It wouldn't have needed to be a touchdown, just something in their territory. (And I'm no longer a Pac supporter, but I admit it's true)

3) Harper is the weakest point of the secondary.

On the bright side, Finnegan looks like a stud.

AH made plays early, then seemed winded a lot.

On the whole, I blame the offense. The D won the game for us last week, did very well against tampa except for one play and the last drive. The O has to do better than 10 points, even against good defenses, or we will never win games.

3-2 is still pretty good but it feels crappy to be behind the jags in the standings.

3. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

PitBull...

Touchy, touchy....Come on dude most of us are men here no need to be hyper sensetive. (Sorry if ur a female)

My "in case you didn't see the game " comment comes from my thinking that this wasn't a nationally televised game, and you actually MAY NOT have seen the game. In regards to the 9 minutes you are referring to that I left off from VY's playing time, that actually only amounted to one full drive, where we got points I might add, and the 1 play where he got hurt, need I say more about this point??

Again Dude, stop being so literal. I was not calling out LW, and my point of how many yrds LW averaged was not the focus of my post so pardon me if I don't hit up cbs or fox to check the validity of my numbers if I really don't care. If you go back and read it, my main point is that it is was the ENTIRE OFFENSE that was dragging their azzes, and need to get it together.

What I did homeboy was give CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM, what you did (from your original post) was lay BLAME enitrely on VY, and that is totally asinine. You have to forgive me , I'm just tired of reading these VY attacks.

You totally ignored all of my other points I made showing you that it wasn't solely VY's fault that we lost the game. What about them? Care to address them??

VY is VY not Bony Homo who has 5 years of NFL experience and a true #1 reciever like T.O., and a Pro Bowl TE like Whitten. And he's not Gayton with 10 years experience, same O-coordinator forever, two pro bowl WR's, a Pro Bowl caliber TE, and a dominating O-Line, so please don't even compare them to VY in your "wondering"

It is too clear that it was not ONLY VY's fault for the loss, but the entire team contibuted, and the ENTIRE OFFENSE needs to step their game up and start puttng TD's on the board, and I admit, it does start with VY, but ends with the ENTIRE OFFENSE.

4. Ewker

Ewker Starter

hmmmm, when we win folks on here want to give props to Young only. But when we lose it is the entire offense who screwed up...that makes sense :rolleyes:

5. PitBull

PitBull Bred to Brawl

:ha: at Bony Homo. I prefer to call him Romo the Homo.

Please don’t tell me thats the excuse your giving VY.
    Didn’t Roethlisberger lead his team to a superbowl in just his second year in the league? What about Tom Brady? He too won his first superbowl during his second year in the NFL and only four months after he was named starter. Kurt warner also won the Superbowl for his Rams only one year after his NFL depute.

Correct. Atleast we agree on one point.

But still, when Vince pronounces himself "team captain" and comes out on national TV guaranteeing us a playoff spot in January, he’s almost obliged to take it upon himself to do just that instead of grounding us with 15 yard penalties by tossing balls at Dolts defenses, and fabricating a 2:1 int/td ratio, and making silly mistakes throughout the game and then crying out "cant nobody tell me nuttin" while nibbling on a mustard sandwich.

Again.. that’s constructive criticism. Abviously not the "cant nobody tell me nuttin" comment :clown: but pointing out his weaknesses and what he's doing wrong including bringing up the unsportsmanlike conduct penalty (which might have been the reason we lost that game), and giving up the ball too many times and then depending on our defense to pull out a miracle and get him the ball back. I wonder if that will work against the Dolts. However that might just conflict with our gameplan against them which is to keep the ball out of Peyton’s hand.

no no.. you are pardoned. Next time we discuss football and feel like spicing up our posts, lets just get on all fours and yank stats out of asses instead.
    I feel the urge to point out a stat.. Here, pull it out.. :moon:
    ButtStat: Vince young threw for 672 yards and rushed for 381 yards last sunday.

I’m crazy about Vince. I’m glad we drafted him and certain he’ll take us places soon enough. :vince:

I just like my Titans more.

6. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Ewker

Whatever dude, as I can't exactly remember, but I beleive that you are not one of VY's biggest fans. I am not one of these fans who thinks that VY can do no wrong, and that his Sit don't stink, and see this kid through rose colored glasses. I have no delusions as to his abilities. He screws up, no doubt, but this was not entirely his fault, period. Do need to say it any clearer?? IT WAS THE ENTIRE OFFENSE, FROM NC TO THE O-LINE, WR'S, RB'S, AND THE QB, PERIOD.

VY has his faults, and I get as pissed as the next fan, maybe more just ask my friends the vulgarities that I shout when he throws INT's, but don't anyone dare try and pin this only on him when the whole O stunk it up.

EWKER-More than happy to debate, but please don't make vague statements when referring to my posts. I Can't debate with you about something I DID NOT say.

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

it wasn't a vague statement at all. There is nothing to debate.
    I stand by what I said..when we win folks give props to Young only, when we lose it is the entire offense's fault

8. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

I understand holding VY accountable for his words and his actions, but I'm sorry, I still don't see how you can lay the blame for this loss at his feet,
    so I agree to disagree. At least we agreed on one point....Romo's name rhymes with an alternative lifestyle:ha:

9. ZELL22

ZELL22 Starter

Well, either it is vague B/c you said "Folks" or misplaced b/c you quoted my post. Like I said, I never give VY all the credit when we win.

10. LT21Titans27

LT21Titans27 Tebow Apostle

We do that because when we win we realize VY won with pratically nothing
    And when we lose, we realize VY shouldnt have to do everything, and he has no big support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar