Titans @ Broncos Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Wow, I didn't know you people had reading and comprehension deficiencies. I'm not blaming Young, I'm blaming the coaches for not making calling deep plays more often, especially when we're down by more than 1 score late in the game.
    As I and others pointed out, we had a couple of deep passes early that were dropped, but that doesn't mean you should abandon it.

Regarding KFC I'm just speculating whether the lack of deep throws comes down the coaches not trusting Young to do it or Young not being able or confident or whatever to do it. Certainly no one can question KFC's ability to throw the deep ball.

And for those who will blame the receivers for not getting open, if you watch other games around the league you will notice that they actually go deep if a guy has a 1 on 1, even if he isn't wide open. You give you receiver the chance to make the play.

2. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

They took what they were given, last time I checked Denver has some very GOOD corners. They took a shot a Bailey early and beat him, but the ball was dropped, rest assured it woke Bailey up.

3. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Broncos have one of the best secondaries in the league, VY throwing for the yards he did should be taken as a plus for this team.

4. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Regardless of Vince's two INTs and how anyone wants to spin the game, the blame for this falls on the WRs (as far as the O goes).

If B.Jones and R.Williams make those catches near the endzone it's a different ball game. That scaife over the middle was a catch that shoulda been reviewed... that one's on the ref. But still there was a Scaife throw over the middle that was easy and he dropped it.

And what about some YAC. Seriously!

WR early in the draft next year. Vince may never be the greatest passer ever. But he will suck if he doesn't have someone that he can count on to do amazing things or make tough catches... at least from time to time.

5. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Teusday Headline:

GLUEGATE!

When questioned about decisions to not challenge three critical plays in last night's loss in Denver, Titans Coach Jeff Fisher said, "I tried to throw the flag, but it was stuck to my hand." The three plays (apparent catch by Bo Scaife ruled incomplete, obvious Young touchdown, and a mis-spot on a Denver third down play) were allowed to stand as called because of a "sticky" substance on Fisher's red challenge flag that prevented him from releasing it.

Fisher has filed a grievence with the commisioner upon evidence that the "substance" on the flag was, in fact, the same hair gel used by Broncos' coach Mike Shannahan. When confronted with the accusation, Shannahan said, "We have no knowledge of anyone treating the Titans' challenge flag with any of my personal hair-care products. Besides, Jeff Fisher has a beard. Who can believe a guy with a beard?"

6. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

wow. Banana Man!!! I remember that! :applause:

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Thanks SEC. Your smiley's applause has made me forget about the horrible game I just witnessed.

Hey look, 50 posts.

8. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow I was thinking the same thing about Banana man.

9. Torch7

Torch7 Camp Fodder

I watched the first series again, Denver did not only use 1 Saftey. The very play that Young took a shot to BJ the safety was cheating up, and picked up the tightend coming out of the backfield, which is what made that a great read. Over Bailey before the other Safety could get there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar