Titans @ Broncos Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Wince Young strikes again!

2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Upsetting. Vince's game was much better than his stats. Who would have thought that he'd have a 300 yard game?

3. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

I really like Fisher as far as his disciplined method of coaching but I must say his dinkndunk 3rd yards and a cloud of dust offense really hurts Vince. He isn't the same kind of QB lie Mc nair was. I think he could become a better pocket passer if he is given some decent WRs and TEs to throw to. Maybe its Chow that is the problem in any case it doesn't matter.

4. Apple Gooncha

Apple Gooncha Camp Fodder

Or if you have receivers drop easy catches when they're wide open, that doesn't help either.

Young has not been very good this year, but this is not the game to bash him when you consider everything else.

5. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Critical Possession

Do you think KFC coud have had 400 yards total offense today. Geez. Are you kidding me. Vince carried the team today, and if you can't see that, then you need to look again.

6. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

And while Young did play a good game overall, the 2 interceptions were inexcusable. However I personally put the blame on Fisher, and I think it's becoming obvious that his conservative style only works if you get ahead early.

The sad part is that in the first 2½ quarters of play we saw what Chow and Young can do when you loosen the reigns. Unfortunately it seems that as soon as we came within 1 we went conservative again.

7. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

VY is our QB, he has shown that he has great potential and is now starting to realize it. Look at his stats today they have been impressive, he would have gone close to 400 yds today passing if it wasn't for 1 or 2 big drops (jones in the 1st and then scaife in the 3rd). To add to that he had 74 yds rushing, those are great numbers given the garbage WR talent around him.
    We lost today not on offense, but on bad tackling that simple.
    1) Stockley TD should have been tackled
    2) ST touch was from mistackles
    3) Hall TD was blown courtesy of a horrible Hill tackle (who also set up the Marshal TD through being a horrible back that got picked on).
    If you don't want to believe that look at the yards on the TD plays, long TDs are always the result of bad tackling or blown assignments.

And before anyone points at the 2 VY picks, i will give you that the 1st was his fault he tried to force it and was a little behind. the 2nd was under pressure and at the end where he was forcing, i would not have minded him throwing it away but if he did get a little more arch on it then it would have been completed.

8. galaril

galaril Camp Fodder

Guys all excuses to the side bottom line no matter how good VY stats today we lost and are probably out of the playoff hunt for the most part.

9. Titan1216

Titan1216 Starter

I don't understand why Fisher didn't challenge the spot of the ball on the Denver 3rd down run. He was half yard short. Titans get the ball.

10. UVATitan

UVATitan Camp Fodder

ESPN said it simple, the WRs did not show up and help VY

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar